FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Qupzilla, Observations & Question(s)

I've been searching for an alternative to Firefox, and now that I have the html5 codecs issue squared away, Vivaldi seems to be a good one. But I'm not quite done looking.
    Much to my surprise, Qupzilla also seems to be a (very) nice, full featured browser. Since I'm a KDE user, it's nice to look at, fast, and has a fair amount of flexibility.

However, two issues have come up. One is up-to-date documentation. <rant-mode>Does anyone in the Linux world know how to document so that the user isn't looking at information that's 5 years out of date???</rant> Can anyone point me to current Qupzilla documentation?

I'm asking because I can't believe the latest Qupzilla doesn't somewhere, somehow offer the ability to open multiple tabs at once, from, say, a folder of bookmarks, like every other browser I've ever seen. Is there a shortcut key-stroke for that facility? (Which brings me back to my initial question and rant about documentation.)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Re: Qupzilla, Observations & Question(s)

Well yes, the documentation is certainly lacking. Hopefully now it's part of the KDE Project with a new name Falkon someone may revise the out of date help and FAQ. Regarding key strokes there seems to be a plugin called access keys navigation. have you tried that? Anyhow, it's been a while since I used Qupzilla, not quite 5 years but my own recollection of how it works is most likely way out of date too. Also, what options does Tabs give you in the browser preferences?

Why, thankx, anitkythera. That looks like what I was after.

I'll be spending the day upgrading to F27, but when that's done I'll be exploring the links for the plugins and hoping beyond hope that I remember Qupzilla is now Falkon. Old age does that to us retired IT people, you know (well, some of us, anyway).

I don't think the package name has changed yet. The KDE announcement is was made in August 2017. All they have done is choose a new name and a project team at this stage, so Qupzilla is still Qupzilla for the time being

https://community.kde.org/Incubator/Projects/Falkon