FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Keepassx support

Hi!

Keepass in the software library sucks from a user experience point of a view and Keepassx seems a very sensible alternative. Why wasn't keepassx include in "Software" and the odd keepass (mono based and therefore very non X) included?

Meanwhile install keepassx with:dnf install keepassx
    GNU/Linux user since 1997
    Arch on homebuild NAS
    F20 on a Lenovo T430S (2355C19) w Ericsson e5321 Broadband modem
    F20 lost against Win10
    Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga900s.

bob is online now Administrator (yeah, back again)
    Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).

Re: Keepassx support

You should ask this question at Ask Fedora, where the devs hang out. We don't make the rules or the package decisions for the distro around here.
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Keepassx appears to be missing AppData Files, that is why it is not showing up in Gnome Software.

That belongs to upstream to provide with one, but if that is not the case, packager may create it themselves and submit it upstream for inclusion.

You can submit a redhat bugzilla bugreport or submit the file yourself to upstream and packager.

Keepassx, as far as I know, has been very slow with responding to bug reports.

There is an alternative to keepassx - keepassxc. This is forked from keepassx and is under active development.
    Fedora 27 x86_64 XFCE - Sager | Intel Core i7 - 4810 MQ | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M | 16 GB RAM | 480 GB ADATA SSD |
    Fedora 27 x86_64 XFCE - Dell Precision M4800 | Intel Core i7 - 4900 MQ | NVIDIA Quadro K1100M | 16 GB RAM | 750 GB 7200 RPM HDD |

The Linux Documentation Project | Fedora Documentation

Thanks for all the answers
    GNU/Linux user since 1997
    Arch on homebuild NAS
    F20 on a Lenovo T430S (2355C19) w Ericsson e5321 Broadband modem
    F20 lost against Win10
    Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga900s.

I am using lastpass beta The lastpass has been my password manager for ages. The beta version is being tested to work with Fedora 57 beta(and it works with Fedora does just fine).
    Last edited by lsatenstein; 23rd October 2017 at 03:29 AM.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Quote Originally Posted by lsatenstein
    Fedora 57
    Fedora 57 ??!!! Are you sure ??!!! For how long I was sleeping !!!!
    Fedora 26 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)

The beta is so stable, and so clean (except for server), that as a desktop and upgrade to Fedora 26, it is clean
    From Fedora Magazine
    https://fedoramagazine.org/

Upgrade Fedora Workstation to Fedora 27 Beta
    By Paul W. Frields

In case you missed the news, Fedora 27 Beta was released last week. If you’re running Fedora Workstation, it’s easy to upgrade to the Beta release. Then you can try out some of the new features early. This article explains how.

Some helpful advice

The Fedora 27 Beta is still just what it says it is: a beta. That means some features are still being tuned up before the final release. However, it works well for many users, especially those who are technically skilled. You might be one of them. Before you upgrade, here are some things to keep in mind.

First, back up your user data. While there are no problems currently known that would risk your data, it’s a good idea to have a recent backup for safety.

Second, remember this process downloads all the update data over your internet connection. It will take some time, based on your connection speed. Upgrading the system also requires a reboot, and takes some time to install the updated packages. Don’t perform this operation unless you have time to wait for it to finish.

If you move to the Beta, you’ll receive updates for testing during the prerelease period. When the Beta goes to Final, you’ll receive an update to the fedora-release package. This will shut off the updates-testing stream. Your system will then automatically follow the Fedora 27 stable release. You don’t need to do anything to make this happen.

Upgrading your system

Open a Terminal and type the following command:

gsettings set org.gnome.software show-upgrade-prerelease true
    This setting lets the Software application detect the availability of a prerelease, in this case Fedora 27 Beta.

Normally you have to wait for the Software service to refresh its information. However, you can force it to do this in several ways. One is to kill the service and restart it manually:

pkill gnome-software
    Now open the Software app. Visit the Updates tab. After a short time, the Software app retrieves fresh information about the prerelease and advertises it to you.

Use the Download Now button to download the upgrade data for Fedora 27 Beta. Follow the prompts to reboot and install the upgrade, which will take some time. When your system restarts after the upgrade, you’ll be running the Fedora 27 Beta.

I have preserved /home and some /usr/local/* files. For the past month, I have been testing, shaking out and enjoying
    Fedora 27 Beta with updates.

I have tested it with btrfs file system (not recommended for any Fedora Gnome 3.24 - 3.26.1)
    I have tested with lvm, ext4, and / with btrfs and /home with ext4.

I have fewer problems with Fedora 27-beta than with Fedora 26

I concentrated on testing Gnome, but xfs and mate are on my testing schedule for the coming days. xfs with Fedora 26 is great, I expect the same with F27. I also want to install and relearn KDE. SUSE Linux is more oriented to KDE and the Plasma version
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840