FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

gEDA simulation missing gwave

Hi,

I'm using Fedora26 and I want to use gEDA gschem, gnuspice and gnucap to simulate electronics. This works fine, but to view the results I also need gwave and this is missing. The latest version is from 2009 and it's not installable via dnf. I do have GTKWave installed, but this doesn't work straight from the other programs as far as I can tell. How can I solve this?

Thanks.

Re: gEDA simulation missing gwave

Hi,

What do you mean by "The latest version is from 2009 and it's not installable via dnf."? Did you find a package somewhere or are you talking about sources? It seems latest tarball version is gwave2-20170109.tar.gz.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
    I mean exactly as I say: "sudo dnf install gwave" shows there's no package gwave available via dnf. I didn't look for sources, only for ready to install rpm packages and the latest is from 2009 for Fedora13 or so. From a quick test, gwave2 isn't available from dnf either, but if gwave2 works and is callable from ngspice, I'm fine.

Which brings the following during configuration: no guile-config found which is supposed to be part of guile and that already is installed. Since I'm not interested anymore in a dependency hell, I guess I'll wait for an rpm and use gnuplot instead.