Heavily criticized Cinnamon safety is really that???
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Question Heavily criticized Cinnamon safety is really that???

I would like to leave to your attention the same link found on the net, which criticizes rather heavily the safety of Cinnamon that has long since also a spin...

But is it really so??? I believe Clem is doing a good job with Cinnamon and greatly facilitating the utilities....

Rather its applets, Desklets, Extensions could not contain bugs put at risk security????http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...arger-problem/

Re: Heavily criticized Cinnamon safety is really that???

Fixed link in the post above.

There is the link to the article to read, I just wanted an opinion about!!!!

the problem is that when Mint came out Ubuntu was barely usable for a normal user. In fact most Linux distros had a strange time around 2010 where they broke into the mainstream market but still had old Linux quirks which noone really wanted to fix until Mint came along.

Fast forward a few years later and this is not the case anymore but what you gonna tell the Mint devs? shut their project down?

The correct way imho would be to rename the project to Ubuntu -Mint Edition and work much closer with the original files and updates but that is clearly never going to happen.

On fedora for me personally I like cinnamon quite a lot. It is slightly more buggy than gnome3 but thankfully is not gnome which is good enough reason for me to use it. Although I might have to switch back to gnome 3 If i cant fix my mouse pointer lag.

Personally I am a supporter of Cinnamon and my intention was just to get a more technical opinion....

I personally find that with ATI Cinnamon has already long solved various problems that in Gnome I still see and maybe even with extensions... Given slowness apart from their updates are years that an applet etc do not block access to Cinnamon, in Feodora 25 instead it was quite frequent from what I saw!!!!!

In fact here is an example of the efficiency of Gnome Shell that with one of the most used software after years still cuts the possibility to confirm the options on small monitors!!!!

Bugs have them, Gnome-Shell the worst and with too many shortcomings in various respects!!!!!!