FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Linux use is growing

Quote Originally Posted by Hamkkerty
    maybe i'm not good at it

Quote Originally Posted by Hamkkerty
    As i know the Linux operating system is generally used for corporate servers and is not suitable for personal use, because the graphical interface of LINUX is not as good as WINDOWS! LINUX is generally used to knock , i have used the Linux a few years ago , but at that time , it doesn't work for me .maybe i'm not good at it, especially forget login password and don't know what to do,
    New user, just registered, first post, doesn't use Linux... how did you find this thread?!?

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH
    New user, just registered, first post, doesn't use Linux... how did you find this thread?!?
    Its very strange that someone would bother to register for a forum for something they don't like and don't use.

I guess some people just get emotional when the things they have invested time and money in are not portrayed in the best possible light. It means that they are insecure in their choice but refuse to admit they could be wrong.

Re: Linux is growing

Wow. I'm sure the last few responses in this thread really make a new linux user feel welcome. And this thread is titled "linux is growing" (in spite of the attitude of many posts in linux forums).

BTW, I'm very pleased with my new W10 PC It boots fedora live fine, so will ultimately be a dual-boot machine. And I do agree that windows UI "works better", which is why I do most of my web surfing from windows rather than fedora.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======

And I do agree that windows UI "works better", which is why I do most of my web surfing from windows rather than fedora.
    And that is a matter of personal taste. Win7 was the last 'good' Windoze UI as far as I am concerned. In Linux, at least you have a choice of picking the UI that fits how you work/play. I chose Cinnamon and LXDE for my 'desktops' for example. I used to be a KDE fan, but they lost me quite awhile ago. Never been a fan of Gnome. Choices! Gotta love it. As far as web browsing, I find Firefox (my browser of choice) works the same on Linux (use at Home) as Windows (use at work).
    Last edited by rclark; 27th September 2017 at 04:59 PM.

Well, even poor rich Bill Gates is now using an Android phone. His alternatives were an iPhone or paper cups and string...
    --
    Have fun!
    http://www.aeronetworks.ca

Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4