FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    180

    Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    Hi again,

    Having my fresh 26 WS I went to the Fed Set-Up Guides and installed the Gnome Tweak Tools.

    Then I went to:
    "Fedy - Works with both F25 and F26. A modular and scriptable utility to install codecs and proprietary software, add & manage repos and much more, also saves downloaded files. This will download the script. You then have to open a terminal, "cd" to your downloaded location. Next, "su" as root and type "chmod +x fedy-installer", followed by "./fedy-installer" . That should install Fedy and the necessary repos. Finally, exit root temporarily and type "fedy" to give you a GUI with plenty of handy codecs."

    From my terminal:

    [jeb@localhost ~]$ cd
    jeb@localhost ~]$ su
    Password:
    [root@localhost jeb]# chmod +x fedy-installer ./fedy-installer
    chmod: cannot access 'fedy-installer': No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access './fedy-installer': No such file or directory
    [root@localhost jeb]#

    Perhaps the problem is my interpretation of the sequence in the description as exemplified by my terminal entries.

    jeb

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    DK
    Posts
    45

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    Just click on "Fedy" on "Fedora Set-Up Guides" page.
    When you do so, you're getting to:
    https://www.folkswithhats.org/

    To install Fedy in Fedora, open a Terminal and run the following command:
    sudo sh -c 'curl https://www.folkswithhats.org/installer | bash'
    It installs folkswithhats repo and fedy and ...

    Find Fedy in desktop menu ...

    Good luck.

  3. #3
    bob's Avatar
    bob is online now Administrator (yeah, back again)
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
    Age
    72
    Posts
    23,340

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    Thanks thom12. And Jeb, yeah those instructions were initially provided by Fedy back when F25 was released and need to be updated a bit now. I'll change it.
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651


    Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    15,605

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    Works for both 25 and 26. Just use the link.
    Glenn
    The Bassinator
    © ®

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    180

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    Quote Originally Posted by thom12
    Just click on "Fedy" on "Fedora Set-Up Guides" page.
    When you do so, you're getting to:
    https://www.folkswithhats.org/


    It installs folkswithhats repo and fedy and ...

    Find Fedy in desktop menu ...

    Good luck.
    Hi thom,

    I went thru the Install Fedy and thinking everything must be OK, there were items online to be filed.

    Trying downloaded videos, the message on the black screen was Need MPEG-4AAC decoder and H.264(Main Profile) decoder.


    Finding Fedy on the desktop and going thru all of headings, I found nothing relating to decoders.

    I assume Youtube is involved; what needs to be done?

    Hopefully,
    jeb

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    DK
    Posts
    45

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    To install more media progs (fx mplayer) install rpmfusion repos.

    dnf -y install --nogpgcheck \
    http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm \
    http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm

    May be you install mplayer, xine, vlc.

    Fx:
    dnf install mplayer mplayer-gui mencoder
    dnf install xine xine-lib-extras xine-lib-extras-freeworld
    dnf install vlc

    codecs:
    dnf install faac # faac for MPEG-4AAC
    dnf install x264 x264-libs # for H264

    I prefer to install handish.
    If you use it, Fedy installs gstreamer packages. Your choice.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    180

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    Quote Originally Posted by thom12
    To install more media progs (fx mplayer) install rpmfusion repos.

    dnf -y install --nogpgcheck \
    http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm \
    http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm

    May be you install mplayer, xine, vlc.

    Fx:
    dnf install mplayer mplayer-gui mencoder
    dnf install xine xine-lib-extras xine-lib-extras-freeworld
    dnf install vlc

    codecs:
    dnf install faac # faac for MPEG-4AAC
    dnf install x264 x264-libs # for H264

    I prefer to install BTW. Your choice.
    Hi Thom, thanks for your response.

    I entered: dnf -y install --nogpgcheck \
    and got:
    usage: dnf install [-c [config file]] [-q] [-v] [--version]
    [--installroot [path]] [--nodocs] [--noplugins]
    [--enableplugin [plugin]] [--disableplugin [plugin]]
    [--releasever RELEASEVER] [--setopt SETOPTS]
    [--skip-broken] [-h] [--allowerasing] [-b] [-C]
    [-R [minutes]] [-d [debug level]] [--debugsolver]
    [--showduplicates] [-e ERRORLEVEL] [--obsoletes]
    [--rpmverbosity [debug level name]] [-y] [--assumeno]
    [--enablerepo [repo]] [--disablerepo [repo] | --repo
    [repo]] [-x [package]] [--disableexcludes [repo]]
    [--repofrompath [repo,path]] [--noautoremove]
    [--nogpgcheck] [--color COLOR] [--refresh] [-4] [-6]
    [--destdir DESTDIR] [--downloadonly] [--bugfix]
    [--enhancement] [--newpackage] [--security]
    [--advisory ADVISORY] [--bzs BUGZILLA] [--cves CVES]
    [--sec-severity {Critical,Important,Moderate,Low}]
    [--forcearch ARCH]
    PACKAGE [PACKAGE ...]
    dnf install: error: the following arguments are required: PACKAGE

    I'm at a loss; apparently there's a prior step I missed.

    BTW, my video needs are basic; I just play downloads. Which would you recommend for that purpose, handish or gstreamer?

    jeb

  8. #8
    bob's Avatar
    bob is online now Administrator (yeah, back again)
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
    Age
    72
    Posts
    23,340

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    OOPS! My error! Apparently when adding the Set-Up Guides for F26, I dropped the instructions for RPMFusion. If you'll go back to the Set-Up Guides, I've added the link now. Hope that will assist you.
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651


    Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    DK
    Posts
    45

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    Should have written that it is a one-liner:

    Code:
    dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
    Got to copy and past it it in one step to a command line.

    As su or sudo:

    sudo dnf ...

    If a one-liner is broken into parts, "\" is used at the end of each part to avoid a newline.

    One can copy and paste these 3 lines to the command line and bash reads it as a one-liner (because of the "\" at the end of each part-line)
    Sorry.
    Last edited by thom12; 27th September 2017 at 06:15 AM. Reason: spelling mistake; "\"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    DK
    Posts
    45

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    I recommend vlc. Plays almost everything.

    Install it handish ("by hand") - without using Fedy.

    Use dnf on the command line instead.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    180

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]
    Quote Originally Posted by thom12
    Should have written that it is a one-liner:

    Code:
    dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
    Got to copy and past it it in one step to a command line.

    As su or sudo:

    sudo dnf ...

    If a one-liner is broken into parts, " " is used at the end of each part to avoid a newline.

    One can copy and paste these 3 lines to the command line and bash reads it as a one-liner (because of the " " at the end of each part-line)
    Sorry.
    No big deal Thom,

    I broke it down to:
    dnf-y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$ \
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$ \
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm \
    and twice got:
    bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    [root@localhost jeb]#

    After the 1st time I shifted the line breaks so that the parentheses were complete on the same line, no luck.

    Can I assume that "dnf vlc" will be successful after the above problem is solved?

    Again, thanks for your help,
    jeb

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    DK
    Posts
    45

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    To install rpmfusion repos go to:

    https://rpmfusion.org/Configuration
    Command Line Setup using rpm

    To enable access to both the free and the nonfree repository use the following command:

    Fedora 22 and later:

    Code:
    sudo dnf install https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm https://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
    You broke it the wrong way.
    --The line-continuation will fail if you have whitespace (spaces or tab characters) after the backslash and before the newline. With no such whitespace, the code works fine for me. No whitespace after the backslash!

    --Don't insert whitespaces into the command where they don't belong - bash remarks an error because of the <space> ahead of the backslash. Bash expands the code to
    Code:
    ...release-$ (rpm...
    But the original code is
    Code:
    ...release-$(rpm...
    --Maybe you noticed that the backslash in "\" did not show up in your post in normal text mode. I suppose you have to write
    Code:
    "\\"
    if you are in normal text mode.

    In my post i wrote literally <space><backslash>.
    The <space> is the space ahead of each https...
    Code:
     ...nstall https...
    and
    Code:
    ...noarch.rpm https...
    The code in your post
    I broke it down to:
    dnf-y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$ \
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$ \
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm \
    and twice got:
    bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    can easily be corrected by removing the space ahead of the backslash and the last space and backslash: there is no breakpoint here. And of course you should add sudo ... And a <space> between dnf and "-y" ...
    Your code should look like this:
    sudo dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
    If you brake a long commandline it is only a backslash that informs bash about a line-continuation. If you add a leading <space> to the backslash, bash adds it to the code. At this place there is no <space> in the original code. And thus bash immediately finds out that this is a coding-syntax error.

    To avoid show-up problems in normal text mode use wrapping-mode for code.
    It is the "#" symbol: "Wrap [CODE] tags around selected text".
    In the wrapped text you can write as on the command line:
    Code:
    "\"
    You could verify the code draft by using echo "<your code>" and you see how it will be expanded.

    echo "\
    sudo dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm"
    gives you:

    Code:
    sudo dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-26.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-26.noarch.rpm
    And this is what we expected.

    Sorry that it's so tricky.
    Let's go back to your main problem instead.


    Please copy and paste the installation command from rpmfusion.org to a terminal/console at the prompt in one piece to avoid further mistakes.
    When you enter a long command into the Terminal window that you found on the web or in a document, you can save yourself some time by easily copying and pasting the command at the prompt.

    Position the cursor at the beginning of the text you want to cut/copy.
    Select the whole text you want to copy and press Ctrl-c.
    Move the cursor the prompt and paste the selected text by pressing Ctrl-v.
    The text is pasted.

    Press enter. (I assume that you did setup sudo once ...)

    Rpmfusion repos should install flawlessly now.

    Then install vlc.

    Code:
    sudo dnf install vlc
    Last edited by thom12; 26th September 2017 at 03:29 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    180

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    QUOTE
    thom12
    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy
    To install rpmfusion repos go to:

    https://rpmfusion.org/Configuration
    Quote:
    Command Line Setup using rpm

    To enable access to both the free and the nonfree repository use the following command:

    Fedora 22 and later:

    Code:

    sudo dnf install https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm https://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm

    You broke it the wrong way.
    --The line-continuation will fail if you have whitespace (spaces or tab characters) after the backslash and before the newline. With no such whitespace, the code works fine for me. No whitespace after the backslash!

    --Don't insert whitespaces into the command where they don't belong - bash remarks an error because of the <space> ahead of the backslash. Bash expands the code to
    Code:

    ...release-$ (rpm...

    But the original code is
    Code:

    ...release-$(rpm...

    --Maybe you noticed that the backslash in "" did not show up in your post in normal text mode. I suppose you have to write
    Code:

    ""

    if you are in normal text mode.

    In my post i wrote literally <space><backslash>.
    The <space> is the space ahead of each https...
    Code:

    ...nstall https...

    and
    Code:

    ...noarch.rpm https...

    The code in your post
    Quote:
    I broke it down to:
    dnf-y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$ \
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$ \
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm \
    and twice got:
    bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    can easily be corrected by removing the space ahead of the backslash and the last space and backslash: there is no breakpoint here. And of course you should add sudo ... And a <space> between dnf and "-y" ...
    Your code should look like this:
    Quote:
    sudo dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
    If you brake a long commandline it is only a backslash that informs bash about a line-continuation. If you add a leading <space> to the backslash, bash adds it to the code. At this place there is no <space> in the original code. And thus bash immediately finds out that this is a coding-syntax error.

    To avoid show-up problems in normal text mode use wrapping-mode for code.
    It is the "#" symbol: "Wrap [CODE] tags around selected text".
    In the wrapped text you can write as on the command line:
    Code:

    "\"

    You could verify the code draft by using echo "<your code>" and you see how it will be expanded.

    Quote:
    echo "\
    sudo dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm"
    gives you:

    Code:

    sudo dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-26.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-26.noarch.rpm

    And this is what we expected.

    Sorry that it's so tricky.
    Let's go back to your main problem instead.


    Please copy and paste the installation command from rpmfusion.org to a terminal/console at the prompt in one piece to avoid further mistakes.
    When you enter a long command into the Terminal window that you found on the web or in a document, you can save yourself some time by easily copying and pasting the command at the prompt.

    Position the cursor at the beginning of the text you want to cut/copy.
    Select the whole text you want to copy and press Ctrl-c.
    Move the cursor the prompt and paste the selected text by pressing Ctrl-v.
    The text is pasted.

    Press enter. (I assume that you did setup sudo once ...)

    Rpmfusion repos should install flawlessly now.

    Then install vlc.

    Code:

    sudo dnf install vlc
    Quote

    thom12
    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy
    To install rpmfusion repos go to:

    https://rpmfusion.org/Configuration
    Quote:
    Command Line Setup using rpm

    To enable access to both the free and the nonfree repository use the following command:

    Fedora 22 and later:

    Code:

    sudo dnf install https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm https://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm

    You broke it the wrong way.
    --The line-continuation will fail if you have whitespace (spaces or tab characters) after the backslash and before the newline. With no such whitespace, the code works fine for me. No whitespace after the backslash!

    --Don't insert whitespaces into the command where they don't belong - bash remarks an error because of the <space> ahead of the backslash. Bash expands the code to
    Code:

    ...release-$ (rpm...

    But the original code is
    Code:

    ...release-$(rpm...

    --Maybe you noticed that the backslash in "\" did not show up in your post in normal text mode. I suppose you have to write
    Code:

    "\\"

    if you are in normal text mode.

    In my post i wrote literally <space><backslash>.
    The <space> is the space ahead of each https...
    Code:

    ...nstall https...

    and
    Code:

    ...noarch.rpm https...

    The code in your post
    Quote:
    I broke it down to:
    dnf-y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$ \
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$ \
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm \
    and twice got:
    bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    can easily be corrected by removing the space ahead of the backslash and the last space and backslash: there is no breakpoint here. And of course you should add sudo ... And a <space> between dnf and "-y" ...
    Your code should look like this:
    Quote:
    sudo dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
    If you brake a long commandline it is only a backslash that informs bash about a line-continuation. If you add a leading <space> to the backslash, bash adds it to the code. At this place there is no <space> in the original code. And thus bash immediately finds out that this is a coding-syntax error.

    To avoid show-up problems in normal text mode use wrapping-mode for code.
    It is the "#" symbol: "Wrap [CODE] tags around selected text".
    In the wrapped text you can write as on the command line:
    Code:

    "\"

    You could verify the code draft by using echo "<your code>" and you see how it will be expanded.

    Quote:
    echo "\
    sudo dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$\
    (rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm"
    gives you:

    Code:

    sudo dnf -y install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-26.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-26.noarch.rpm

    And this is what we expected.

    Sorry that it's so tricky.
    Let's go back to your main problem instead.


    Please copy and paste the installation command from rpmfusion.org to a terminal/console at the prompt in one piece to avoid further mistakes.
    When you enter a long command into the Terminal window that you found on the web or in a document, you can save yourself some time by easily copying and pasting the command at the prompt.

    Position the cursor at the beginning of the text you want to cut/copy.
    Select the whole text you want to copy and press Ctrl-c.
    Move the cursor the prompt and paste the selected text by pressing Ctrl-v.
    The text is pasted.

    Press enter. (I assume that you did setup sudo once ...)

    Rpmfusion repos should install flawlessly now.

    Then install vlc.

    Code:

    sudo dnf install vlc
    Quote

    Hi Thom,

    I ran the full-length sudo dnf install https://download1--- successfully and sudo dnf install vlc.

    Vlc showed a warning after d/l packages: “ /var/cache/dnf/rpmfusion-free-updates-326d941b38a63deb/packages/vlc-3.0.0-0.35.git20170922.fc26.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 9690e4af: NOKEY”, but at the end did say: “Complete!”

    Checking via video .flv and .mp4 files; with each I got got popup stating MPEG-4AAC and H.264 codecs were needed.

    I then attempted:
    [jeb@localhost ~]$ dnf install MPEG-4AAC
    Error: This command has to be run under the root user.
    [jeb@localhost ~]$ su
    Password:
    [root@localhost jeb]# dnf install MPEG-4AAC
    Last metadata expiration check: 2:35:17 ago on Sat 30 Sep 2017 09:24:47 AM +07.
    No package MPEG-4AAC available.
    Error: Unable to find a match
    [root@localhost jeb]#
    [root@localhost jeb]# dnf install H.264
    Last metadata expiration check: 0:09:27 ago on Sat 30 Sep 2017 12:26:47 PM +07.
    No package H.264 available.
    Error: Unable to find a match
    [root@localhost jeb]#

    Remembering your comment about checking Fedy on the desktop, I went there. I came up empty after looking at every subset; nothing relating to codecs.

    Next step? 8~)
    jeb

    Thanks for the coding tips(saved).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    DK
    Posts
    45

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    As alreadfy stated in Post #6 you could install:

    Code:
    sudo dnf install faac faad2 faad2-libs x264 x264-libs h264enc ffmpeg
    where faac is for encoding to MPEG-4AAC
    where faad2 is for decoding MPEG-4AAC
    where x264 gets you codecs for h.264
    To get info about the packages:
    fx
    Code:
    dnf info h264enc
    HTML Code:
    dnf info <packagename>
    h264 is a proprietary patented video codec. So you to have purchase the rights. But luckily there is opensource codec/package x264 to play this.

    You may also be interested in what gives you info's about a media-file
    Code:
    dnf info mediainfo
    sudo dnf install mediainfo-gui mediainfo


    Mplayer
    HTML Code:
    dnf info mplayer
    If you want to install mplayer you may install as well:
    codecs:
    read this: https://www.mjmwired.net/resources/m...l#binarycodecs

    Then in a terminal/console:

    cd <yourusername>/Downloads
    or
    Code:
    cd $HOME/Downloads
    
    wget -c http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/all-20110131.tar.bz2
    
    sudo mkdir -p /usr/lib/codecs
    
    sudo tar -jxvf all-20110131.tar.bz2 --strip-components 1 -C /usr/lib/codecs/
    Hope you can watch media/films ...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    180

    Re: Fedsetupguides, Fedy

    Quote Originally Posted by thom12
    As alreadfy stated in Post #6 you could install:

    Code:
    sudo dnf install faac faad2 faad2-libs x264 x264-libs h264enc ffmpeg
    where faac is for encoding to MPEG-4AAC
    where faad2 is for decoding MPEG-4AAC
    where x264 gets you codecs for h.264
    To get info about the packages:
    fx
    Code:
    dnf info h264enc
    HTML Code:
    dnf info <packagename>
    h264 is a proprietary patented video codec. So you to have purchase the rights. But luckily there is opensource codec/package x264 to play this.

    You may also be interested in what gives you info's about a media-file
    Code:
    dnf info mediainfo
    sudo dnf install mediainfo-gui mediainfo


    Mplayer
    HTML Code:
    dnf info mplayer
    If you want to install mplayer you may install as well:
    codecs:
    read this: https://www.mjmwired.net/resources/m...l#binarycodecs

    Then in a terminal/console:

    cd <yourusername>/Downloads
    or
    Code:
    cd $HOME/Downloads
    
    wget -c http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/all-20110131.tar.bz2
    
    sudo mkdir -p /usr/lib/codecs
    
    sudo tar -jxvf all-20110131.tar.bz2 --strip-components 1 -C /usr/lib/codecs/
    Hope you can watch media/films ...
    Hi Thom

    Taking your advice, I went to command line with:
    sudo dnf install faac faad2 faad2-libs x264 x264-libs h264enc ffmpeg

    [jeb@localhost ~]$ sudo dnf install faac faad2 faad2-libs x264 x264-libs h264enc ffmpeg
    [sudo] password for jeb:
    Last metadata expiration check: 1:20:34 ago on Sun 01 Oct 2017 06:43:47 AM +07.
    Package faad2-libs-1:2.7-9.fc26.x86_64 is already installed, skipping.
    Package x264-libs-0.148-20.20170519gitd32d7bf.fc26.x86_64 is already installed, skipping.

    Dependencies resolved.
    ================================================== =========================================
    Package Arch Version Repository Size
    ================================================== =========================================
    Installing:
    faac x86_64 1.28-7.fc26 rpmfusion-nonfree 85 k
    faad2 x86_64 1:2.7-9.fc26 rpmfusion-free 46 k
    ffmpeg x86_64 3.3.4-1.fc26 rpmfusion-free-updates 1.5 M
    h264enc noarch 1:10.4.7-2.fc26 rpmfusion-free 135 k
    x264 x86_64 0.148-20.20170519gitd32d7bf.fc26 rpmfusion-free 1.1 M
    Installing dependencies:
    libavdevice x86_64 3.3.4-1.fc26 rpmfusion-free-updates 85 k
    libbs2b x86_64 3.1.0-17.fc26 fedora 27 k
    libmp4v2 x86_64 2.1.0-0.9.trunkREV507.fc26 fedora 441 k
    librtmp x86_64 2.4-8.20160224.gitfa8646d.fc26 rpmfusion-free 76 k
    mencoder x86_64 1.3.0-9.fc26 rpmfusion-free 865 k
    mplayer-common x86_64 1.3.0-9.fc26 rpmfusion-free 1.2 M
    openal-soft x86_64 1.17.2-3.fc26 fedora 335 k

    Transaction Summary
    ================================================== =========================================
    Install 12 Packages

    Total download size: 5.9 M
    Installed size: 12 M
    Is this ok [y/N]: y
    Downloading Packages:
    (1/12): faad2-2.7-9.fc26.x86_64.rpm 5.9 kB/s | 46 kB 00:07
    (2/12): h264enc-10.4.7-2.fc26.noarch.rpm 16 kB/s | 135 kB 00:08
    (3/12): libbs2b-3.1.0-17.fc26.x86_64.rpm 108 kB/s | 27 kB 00:00
    (4/12): x264-0.148-20.20170519gitd32d7bf.fc26.x86_64.rpm 106 kB/s | 1.1 MB 00:10
    (5/12): librtmp-2.4-8.20160224.gitfa8646d.fc26.x86_64.rpm 12 kB/s | 76 kB 00:06
    (6/12): mencoder-1.3.0-9.fc26.x86_64.rpm 104 kB/s | 865 kB 00:08
    (7/12): libmp4v2-2.1.0-0.9.trunkREV507.fc26.x86_64.rpm 1.7 MB/s | 441 kB 00:00
    (8/12): faac-1.28-7.fc26.x86_64.rpm 39 kB/s | 85 kB 00:02
    (9/12): libavdevice-3.3.4-1.fc26.x86_64.rpm 141 kB/s | 85 kB 00:00
    (10/12): openal-soft-1.17.2-3.fc26.x86_64.rpm 3.6 MB/s | 335 kB 00:00
    (11/12): ffmpeg-3.3.4-1.fc26.x86_64.rpm 583 kB/s | 1.5 MB 00:02
    (12/12): mplayer-common-1.3.0-9.fc26.x86_64.rpm 126 kB/s | 1.2 MB 00:09
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total 246 kB/s | 5.9 MB 00:24
    Running transaction check
    Transaction check succeeded.
    Running transaction test
    Transaction test succeeded.
    Running transaction
    Preparing : 1/1
    Installing : openal-soft-1.17.2-3.fc26.x86_64 1/12
    Running scriptlet: openal-soft-1.17.2-3.fc26.x86_64 1/12
    Installing : libavdevice-3.3.4-1.fc26.x86_64 2/12
    Running scriptlet: libavdevice-3.3.4-1.fc26.x86_64 2/12
    Installing : libmp4v2-2.1.0-0.9.trunkREV507.fc26.x86_64 3/12
    Running scriptlet: libmp4v2-2.1.0-0.9.trunkREV507.fc26.x86_64 3/12
    Installing : mplayer-common-1.3.0-9.fc26.x86_64 4/12
    Installing : librtmp-2.4-8.20160224.gitfa8646d.fc26.x86_64 5/12
    Running scriptlet: librtmp-2.4-8.20160224.gitfa8646d.fc26.x86_64 5/12
    Installing : libbs2b-3.1.0-17.fc26.x86_64 6/12
    Running scriptlet: libbs2b-3.1.0-17.fc26.x86_64 6/12
    Installing : mencoder-1.3.0-9.fc26.x86_64 7/12
    Installing : h264enc-1:10.4.7-2.fc26.noarch 8/12
    Installing : faac-1.28-7.fc26.x86_64 9/12
    Running scriptlet: faac-1.28-7.fc26.x86_64 9/12
    Installing : ffmpeg-3.3.4-1.fc26.x86_64 10/12
    Installing : x264-0.148-20.20170519gitd32d7bf.fc26.x86_64 11/12
    Installing : faad2-1:2.7-9.fc26.x86_64 12/12
    Running scriptlet: faad2-1:2.7-9.fc26.x86_64 12/12
    Verifying : faad2-1:2.7-9.fc26.x86_64 1/12
    Verifying : x264-0.148-20.20170519gitd32d7bf.fc26.x86_64 2/12
    Verifying : h264enc-1:10.4.7-2.fc26.noarch 3/12
    Verifying : mencoder-1.3.0-9.fc26.x86_64 4/12
    Verifying : libbs2b-3.1.0-17.fc26.x86_64 5/12
    Verifying : librtmp-2.4-8.20160224.gitfa8646d.fc26.x86_64 6/12
    Verifying : mplayer-common-1.3.0-9.fc26.x86_64 7/12
    Verifying : faac-1.28-7.fc26.x86_64 8/12
    Verifying : libmp4v2-2.1.0-0.9.trunkREV507.fc26.x86_64 9/12
    Verifying : ffmpeg-3.3.4-1.fc26.x86_64 10/12
    Verifying : libavdevice-3.3.4-1.fc26.x86_64 11/12
    Verifying : openal-soft-1.17.2-3.fc26.x86_64 12/12

    Installed:
    faac.x86_64 1.28-7.fc26 faad2.x86_64 1:2.7-9.fc26
    ffmpeg.x86_64 3.3.4-1.fc26 h264enc.noarch 1:10.4.7-2.fc26
    x264.x86_64 0.148-20.20170519gitd32d7bf.fc26 libavdevice.x86_64 3.3.4-1.fc26
    libbs2b.x86_64 3.1.0-17.fc26 libmp4v2.x86_64 2.1.0-0.9.trunkREV507.fc26
    librtmp.x86_64 2.4-8.20160224.gitfa8646d.fc26 mencoder.x86_64 1.3.0-9.fc26
    mplayer-common.x86_64 1.3.0-9.fc26 openal-soft.x86_64 1.17.2-3.fc26

    Complete!

    Attempting .MP4s from 2 different sources the popup still says MPEG=4AAC and H.264 are not installed.

    However .flv changed the popup to MPEG-1 Layer 3 and Ou2 VP6/Flash not installed.

    My impression was x264 avoided the proprietary problem.

    Copy-paste is certainly a time-saver, but I’m at a loss.

    jeb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fedy and RPMfusion on F23
    By MicahPendleton in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28th November 2015, 04:23 AM
  2. PyCharm from Fedy Not opening
    By evilmage93 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25th July 2015, 08:26 PM
  3. Fedy won't enable DVDs
    By MicahPendleton in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 4th March 2015, 10:54 PM
  4. fedy for Fedora 21
    By andy0023 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th December 2014, 07:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •