FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Please suggest a laser printer.

All:
    I would like to buy a laser printer, maybe even color, whsich works both for Fedora and AirPrint.
    Could you please suggest one?
    I use F26 and Gnome Xfce, with all updates applied, on a X86_64 kernel with 4gb of DRAM and Evga Geforce 7600 GS PCI-E 256mb DDR2 video card.

Re: Please suggest a laser printer.

HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw is fully supported via hplip. most of the hp printers are but you can check on the supported devices page here:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web...ces/index.html

Yea, that printer is a throwaway, too.

Once you run out of toner, throw it away and buy another. The toner costs more than the printer does. Last time I looked, it would cost over $400 to replace the toner cartridges.

My suggestion... Unless you REALLY NEED a color laser, don't waste your money. The few times I have needed a good color laser print, I ran down to the local Fedex (used to be Kinkos) and got them to print it for me.

Stick with B/W on lasers unless you really need a color laser and are willing to pay the money for toner.
    Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

you can get remanufactured 201X toners for 50% the price of HP originals from the likes of cartridgeworld

also, sometimes you can pick up liquidation stock. one toner we had clearly came from a bankrupted fish mongers as the packaging stank. the cartridge itself was okay since sealed in the bag still

I use a brother printer HL2250DW, which was on sale at BestBuy for $100 Canadian. The toner cartridges are available for around 3 for $50 US.
    This printer can do 20 pages per minute, single sided, or about 9-10 pages per minute in duplex mode. (recto-verso). I used to do 1000 pages a month. I never had a paper jam unless I used wrinkled /creased paper. The drivers for this appear to be generic (HL2250DW). It is a great computer (small footprint). Its mainly for the home, where I might do 1000 pages per month.

I also have a MFC color laser 9340CDW with scanner for commercial use. It's also great. The drivers are available from within the Fedora 24,25,26 distribution setups.
    Never have paper jams with either. And I use Costco paper. A4, legal and letter sizes.

I just think Brother printers are great.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840