Hi all,

My use of a computer(desktop 8~) is basic, i.e., email, online info sources, online purchases. As a result I find myself stumbling in unknowns attempting to follow comments of those who are far beyond my level of expertise.

I have Fedora 24 64 bit WS and I’m looking at 26. I read the Fed install instructions “Install via DNF if you are already on Fedora.” Checking DNF I find it replaces YUM on the command line.

Then: “Fedora Workstation is provided via Fedora Media Writer. Download this program via the download link above and run it on your system, following the prompts to generate a live version of Fedora Workstation on a USB flash drive. You may then run the live version of Fedora Workstation from your USB flash drive.”

BTW, I remember having to run a check on F24 to be sure the dl was error-free. Is that no longer necessary?

Do the above instructions lead to a dl of Fed 26 WS to the home drive at which point I go to command line, specify the location and DNF the live version to my brand new 16GB Kingston flash drive? If so what are the commands? I prefer ignorant to stupid, eh?

Any help w/be gratefully accepted
jeb