<---- template headericclude ----->
After Upgrade to F26: Always asked for root password on login (additionally)
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After Upgrade to F26: Always asked for root password on login (additionally)

Hi all,

after upgrading to F26 I'm always asked to provide the
    root password twice after logging in to Gnome with my standard user.

It says something like:

Code:
    Configuring network requires privileges
    and

Code:
    Configuring RfKill State requires privileges
    Couldn't find anyone else facing this so far.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Chief1902 Guest

Re: After Upgrade to F26: Always asked for root password on login (additionally)

Maybe this is something related to SELinux? Try to put it into permissive mode (if it is in enforcing mode) and if it works, then do autorelabel and put it back to enforcing mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: After Upgrade to F26: Always asked for root password on login (additionally)

Thanks for your reply!

For whatever reason SELinux is not enabled at all.

$ sestatus
    $ SELinux status: disabled

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

did you turn it off for another reason in the past?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I can remember.

This is basically a just-use-it and be happy system.

Yet, this system has been upgraded incrementally since F21.
    So I'm not sure if I had fiddled with this settings once,
    following a more invasive HowTo or the like...

Chief1902 Guest

Is your standard user account also a system admin? Maybe somehow during the upgrade you've lost your privileges? Check out is your user account also in wheel group with correct GID.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a bug related to the blueman package - essentially the packaged polkit policy is out of date. This both results in some selinux denials and polkit authentication prompts.

It's logged here:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1441920

Not tested yet - I'm guessing since this is only affecting users who have upgraded, that you can just delete /usr/share/PolicyKit/policy/org.blueman.policy* and then "dnf reinstall blueman" .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dcrdev
    It's a bug related to the blueman package - essentially the packaged polkit policy is out of date. This both results in some selinux denials and polkit authentication prompts.

It's logged here:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1441920

Not tested yet - I'm guessing since this is only affecting users who have upgraded, that you can just delete /usr/share/PolicyKit/policy/org.blueman.policy* and then "dnf reinstall blueman" .
    or alternatively remove blueman and install blueberry instead if you need to use bluetooth. otherwise, just remove blueman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same problem, SElinux is in permissive mode, i've re-installed blueman, still the same messages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unchecking the networking plugin in blueman got rid of the first prompt (network), which is fine for me since I don't use bluetooth networking. "rfkill unblock 0" from the command prompt gets rid of the rfkill state prompt edit .... and then after another reboot it comes back again.
    Last edited by pjsf1; 14th July 2017 at 02:53 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjsf1
    Unchecking the networking plugin in blueman got rid of the first prompt (network), which is fine for me since I don't use bluetooth networking. "rfkill unblock 0" from the command prompt gets rid of the rfkill state prompt edit .... and then after another reboot it comes back again.
    remove blueman using the package manager if you don't use bluetooth and the problem should be negated.

also, for users of bluetooth experiencing the same issue I recommend removing blueman still and installing blueberry instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately I do use bluetooth, quite heavily, just not for networking, and blueberry has never really worked for me when connecting new devices, so , unless i find a workaround, I'll just have to keep cancelling the rfkill login prompt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a better solution than removing blueman? I had this problem with all my 3 machines that have BlueTooth. Removing blueman helped but I hope for a less drastic surgery.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tankist02
    Is there a better solution than removing blueman? I had this problem with all my 3 machines that have BlueTooth. Removing blueman helped but I hope for a less drastic surgery.
    you should find blueberry installed during the upgrade. if not, install that package and your bluetooth will still work and be controllable via the graphical user interface.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

less drastic would be to try disabling the blueman applet entry in the startup applications list. see if that makes any difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast