FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dnfdragora for Fedora 24 & upward !

Hi. dnfdragora, a frontend for DNF is available for Fedora 24 & up from copr repositories. dnf dragora is a non-deprecated GUI for DNF (not for yum) can replace bug Yum extender DNF which stop from development .....

Here is repository:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...er/dnfdragora/
    sudo dnf copr enable kkofler/dnfdragora

then:

sudo dnf install dnfdragora
    Fedora 26 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)

Re: dnfdragora for Fedora 24 & upword !

Please remember that software from any COPR repository is not officially supported by Fedora Project and is used solely at the risk of the person installing it.

What is wrong with official package?

Code:
    $ sudo dnf -q list dnfdragora
    Available Packages
    dnfdragora.noarch                              1.0.0-3.git20170226.ae5163e.fc25                               updates

nothing apart from the fact it isn't available for fedora 24. Users of fedora 25 and above should be using the official package instead though. if you search copr, there are two different packagers compiling the same thing. no disrespect to kkofler but they aren't listed as an official package administrator so if you have to use the copr builds for fedora 24 I suggest using the ngompa builds instead.

official package details - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgd...ms/dnfdragora/

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    nothing apart from the fact it isn't available for fedora 24. Users of fedora 25 and above should be using the official package instead though. if you search copr, there are two different packagers compiling the same thing. no disrespect to kkofler but they aren't listed as an official package administrator so if you have to use the copr builds for fedora 24 I suggest using the ngompa builds instead.

official package details - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgd...ms/dnfdragora/
    1) it is not available for Fedora 24 by official Fedora packages.

2) I'm lucky since I have old laptop to use it as experimental lab. I tried it on this old laptop & it was very bad !

3) I select kkofler because there is no warning against, while there is such warning about ngompa.

4) I will try packagekit-installer & see if it is good or bad.

5) I think that we make amplification of issue: GUI package manager is sensitive package & RedHat will never stay without movement about this issue ......... .
    Fedora 26 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)

They have already announced that dnfdragora is going to replace yumex-dnf, probably in the F27 release. Since yumex-dnf is not being developed anymore, they decided to switch.

Edit:
    I believe that Björn Esser and Christian Dersch are the "official" owners/maintainers of the dnfdragora package. I would use the package in the Fedora repos instead of the copr if running F25 and above. And if you need to use the copa repo, I would select the ngompa as antikythera suggests above, They are also a maintainer on the official Fedora package.
    Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by DBelton
    probably in the F27 release.
    Fedora 27 ??!!!!! And till that time, we die ??

Quote Originally Posted by User808
    Fedora 27 ??!!!!! And till that time, we die ??
    please don't be so melodramatic about this, using dnf from a run level 3 terminal session, dnfdragora from updates repository or yumex isn't going to kill anyone in the meantime.

Fedora 27 will be out some time towards the end of the year. Fedora 26 will have dnfdragora available from time of release to use if desired.

If you want the GUI and install dnfdragora from the fedora 25 updates repository you also need the package dnfdragora-gui to bring in other dependencies required for it to load.

dnfdragora only installs a more minimal terminal version

Quote Originally Posted by antikythera
    If you want the GUI and install dnfdragora from the fedora 25 updates repository you also need the package dnfdragora-gui to bring in other dependencies required for it to load.

dnfdragora only installs a more minimal terminal version
    I saw that in the bug report too. However I haven't installed it and dnfdragora runs fine on Xfce 25. Well apart from crashing on large updates but that was a libyui bug. So unless they have changed the packaging that comment is rubbish. Trying to install dnfdragora-gui now only wants to install that package which has an installed size of 0 bytes.

did you install from run level 3 terminal though like i did? that's probably what tripped it up. anyhow the following command draws in everything now apparently so maybe they did alter something. seems strange I had the icon present in MATE though but not the yui files.

Code:
    sudo dnf install dnfdragora-gui

there is a related thread: http://www.forums.fedoraforum.org/sh...65#post1785365 can anybody join both to one?

Quote Originally Posted by dodona
    there is a related thread: http://www.forums.fedoraforum.org/sh...65#post1785365 can anybody join both to one?
    nope, this is a guide thread, not a general discussion about the operation of dnfdragora unlike the one you link to. the comments added here are purely related to the guide itself.

What a relief to hear antikythera's mention of dnfdragora-gui, be nice if User808 edit this into the OP even if one or two subsequent posts are made a bit of a nonesense of.

Re: dnfdragora for Fedora 24 & upward !

Hi. DNF dragora now available officially in Fedora 24 official repositories. 2 packages are available:

dnfdragora

&

dnfdragora-gui

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast