FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Rhythmbox not importing media

I am experiencing a problem loading (seeing) songs into Rhythmbox. I am using F24 and have been fixing an issue with VLC. I managed to get VLC working again but now Rhythmbox is acting up (it was not doing so before). I used
    Code:
    dnf reinstall --allowerasing vlc
    I also removed repos 'unitedrpms' as it seemed to be interfering with 'rpmfusion' or something. I currently have the following repos installed:

Code:
    	repo id                                          reponame
    adobe-linux-x86_64                               Adobe Systems
    *fedora                                          Fedora 24 - x86_64
    google-chrome                                    google-chrome                                                               
    google-earth                                     google-earth                                                                        
    *rpmfusion-free                                  RPM Fusion for Fedora 24 - Free
    *rpmfusion-free-updates                          RPM Fusion for Fedora 24 - Free - Updates
    *rpmfusion-nonfree                               RPM Fusion for Fedora 24 - Nonfree                                  
    *rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                       RPM Fusion for Fedora 24 - Nonfree - Updates
    skype-stable                                     skype (stable)                                 
    *updates                                         Fedora 24 - x86_64 - Updates
    I have renamed the 'db' under ~/.local/share/rhythmbox and it creates a new one with content ( I opened the .xml and looked) but I cannot see anything within Rhythmbox itself. I have reinstalled rhythmbox using
    Code:
    dnf reinstall --allowerasing rhythmbox
    , still no joy. I do not want to reinstall ( the entire system) at this time, if I can avoid it. Any suggestions?
    Robert :)

Re: Rhythmbox not importing media

I have encountered what may be one issue with my problem. I installed Clementine and it errors out as well but with the error:
    Code:
    GStreamer could not create the element: . Please make sure that you have installed all necessary GStreamer plugins (e.g. OGG and MP3)
    I am not sure what the 'autoaudiosink' means nor how to approach fixing it. I know that there are a lot of 'gstreamer' items installed, but not sure about 'plugins'.

I am having the exact same problem with Rhythmbox - right down to VLC working and the error message from Clementine. Same repo configuration as you.

Did you ever find a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by edaigle
    I am having the exact same problem with Rhythmbox - right down to VLC working and the error message from Clementine. Same repo configuration as you.

Did you ever find a solution?
    Hi edaigle
    I was unable to 'fix' this problem. I spent an inordinate amount of time on it and it hinged around 'gstreamer1' but I was never able to get it working. I did a complete restore to a prior 'working' version and went on from there. I make 'backups' of my systems before any major 'installs' or 'distro-sync' and hence have saved myself a lot of grief.
    Make sure you stick to the 'official repos' and avoid ones that are 'bleeding edge'. I do experiment and occasionally I waste a lot of time trying to 'fix' things but have found over time that if it doesn't work right away 'abandon' the approach and 'restore'. Hope this helps...

This is the feeling I'm getting about this problem too, that it's going to be long and near-impossible to solve without restoring.. I think I'll just use Exaile and VLC as stopgaps until F26 comes out, then try a fresh install for that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this old thread!