FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: cernlib

Does this work on Fedora 23?? Can anyone help me out?

I tried the same recompilation in a VM for Fedora 23, but it fails and I was not able to understand the errors
    Bruno Taglienti

I did kind of a temporary trick. I was using Fedora 20 and all of my programs were compatible. I usually use ROOT and write C++ and Fortran codes. So, what I did as an administrator was saved the files in the exact locations they were on a different machine which has Fedora 20 and updated the configurations using "ldconfig". Except for a few, all the libraries got updated and I could run my programs without problem.

I know this is not a great way to solve the problem but could be used as a temporary around-the-problem-solution.

I look forward to other robust ways to deal with this.

Cheers!
    Last edited by dibaryon; 15th February 2017 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Included more information

Has anybody successfully installed the cernlib kit under Fedora 26? I tried it following the lead in this thread for installation under Fedora 25. The build staggered its way to the end but a lot of the tests failed.

Quote Originally Posted by John Marraffino
    Has anybody successfully installed the cernlib kit under Fedora 26? I tried it following the lead in this thread for installation under Fedora 25. The build staggered its way to the end but a lot of the tests failed.
    I have compiled CERNLIB 2006 successfully on Fedora 26, after assembling and applying 2 patches to the code and 1 patch to skip two very long (perhaps never ending) Geant3 tests.

I put my .src.rpm files on https://lusiani.web.cern.ch/lusiani/cernlib/.

I'll try to get these changes incorporated in the main stream.

--
    Alberto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2