FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    160

    Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    "Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting." after F20 update.

    EFI multiboot F20 and Ubuntu.

    I tried

    Code:
    yum reinstall grub2-efi shim
    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
    from F20

    and

    Code:
    sudo grub-install /dev/sda
    sudo grub-install --recheck /dev/sda
    sudo update-grub
    from Ubuntu.

    but it didn't help.

    efibootmgr (F20):

    Code:
    BootCurrent: 0003
    Timeout: 0 seconds
    BootOrder: 0025,0003,0024,0002,0001,0000
    Boot0000* HDD: 
    Boot0001* Fedora
    Boot0002* ubuntu
    Boot0003* Windows Boot Manager
    Boot0004* HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT90N           
    Boot0005* Fedora
    Boot0006* Fedora
    Boot0007* Fedora
    Boot0008* Fedora
    Boot0009* Fedora
    Boot000A* Fedora
    Boot000B* Fedora
    Boot000C* Fedora
    Boot000D* Fedora
    Boot000E* Fedora
    Boot000F* Fedora
    Boot0010* Fedora
    Boot0011* Fedora
    Boot0012* Fedora
    Boot0013* Fedora
    Boot0014* Fedora
    Boot0015* Fedora
    Boot0016* Fedora
    Boot0017* Fedora
    Boot0018* Fedora
    Boot0019* Fedora
    Boot001A* Fedora
    Boot001B* Fedora
    Boot001C* Fedora
    Boot001D* Fedora
    Boot001E* Fedora
    Boot001F* Fedora
    Boot0020* Fedora
    Boot0021* Fedora
    Boot0022* Fedora
    Boot0023* Fedora
    Boot0024* Fedora
    Boot0025* Fedora
    Does anyone know solution please ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    Did you try disabling Secure Boot in the firmware settings?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Confoederatio Helvetica (Swissh)
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,277

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    @ Ahmad Samir: Most likely. +1
    @ boycottsystemd: You certainly have to erease some entries ASAP before rebooting any more again!
    Just the beginning of this year, i've filled up the NVR ram (which is not seen by efibootmgr) since upon every boot, a new entry was created.
    Thats just what it looks like you have now too.
    I didnt care of it, and ended up turning in my laptop to the local vendor (not the shop) service center, and had to pay 80 CHF to get them reset it.
    It would have been an additional 160 CHF if they'd reinstall Windows for me too.

    Since i did the changes, there was no warranty.
    So erease some of the higher numbered entries.
    (once the nvr ram was filled, i could not boot at all, really stuck prior to the vendor logo/bios entry even shows, not even off usb/dvd of Windows Recovery media!)

    As root you can run:
    Code:
    for n in 000{A..Z} 00{1..2}{0..9}
    do 
       efibootmgr -b $n -B $n  
    done
    Do you have a GPT partition -> a bios_boot partition?
    It should have the size of 1-4mb and could be 'anywhere' on the disk.
    It is NOT mountable - viewable, as in, it is not listed in /dev/sd[a-z].

    If none exists, and if you have 1 mb spare, create a bios_boot partition.
    Then try reinstall grub.

    Hope this helps

    EDIT:

    Ah yes, you cannot install an(y) OS in non-secure boot and enable secure boot afterwards.
    Not one OS will boot.

    You have to disable secure boot again in order to boot the OS.
    Last edited by sea; 12th December 2014 at 03:49 PM.
    EFI Cheatsheet :: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=298546
    Video Handler Script (VHS) (mass re-encode videos, screenrecorder, console music/webradio player, ...) :: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=299182
    Windows 8+ & Fedora 20+ Dualboot :: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=298161

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    160

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Samir
    Did you try disabling Secure Boot in the firmware settings?
    yes, but it didn't help.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    160

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    Quote Originally Posted by sea
    @ Ahmad Samir: Most likely. +1
    @ boycottsystemd: You certainly have to erease some entries ASAP before rebooting any more again!
    Just the beginning of this year, i've filled up the NVR ram (which is not seen by efibootmgr) since upon every boot, a new entry was created.
    Thats just what it looks like you have now too.
    I didnt care of it, and ended up turning in my laptop to the local vendor (not the shop) service center, and had to pay 80 CHF to get them reset it.
    It would have been an additional 160 CHF if they'd reinstall Windows for me too.

    Since i did the changes, there was no warranty.
    So erease some of the higher numbered entries.
    (once the nvr ram was filled, i could not boot at all, really stuck prior to the vendor logo/bios entry even shows, not even off usb/dvd of Windows Recovery media!)

    As root you can run:
    Code:
    for n in 000{A..Z} 00{1..2}{0..9}
    do 
       efibootmgr -b $n -B $n  
    done
    Do you have a GPT partition -> a bios_boot partition?
    It should have the size of 1-4mb and could be 'anywhere' on the disk.
    It is NOT mountable - viewable, as in, it is not listed in /dev/sd[a-z].

    If none exists, and if you have 1 mb spare, create a bios_boot partition.
    Then try reinstall grub.

    Hope this helps

    EDIT:

    Ah yes, you cannot install an(y) OS in non-secure boot and enable secure boot afterwards.
    Not one OS will boot.

    You have to disable secure boot again in order to boot the OS.
    Thank you, I've erased some entries after posting this question and now again because new and new are still being created.

    Yes, it's GPT partition. I've created bios_boot partition, reinstalled grub2 but it didn't help.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    160

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    Error message "Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting."
    has disappeared, but still ubuntu is not displayed in F23 bootmenu. Anyone know the solution please ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    160

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    I've tried
    Code:
    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg
    and Ubuntu has been added to boot menu but Ubuntu still can't boot:

    Code:
    error: can't find command `linux'
    error: can't find command `initrd'
    Does anyone know how to fix it ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    Code:
    error: can't find command `linux'
    error: can't find command `initrd'

    Does anyone know how to fix it ?
    Those commands, 'linux' and 'initrd' I believe are grub commands. If they can't be found, then perhaps grub needs to be re-installed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    160

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    Quote Originally Posted by nsnbm
    Those commands, 'linux' and 'initrd' I believe are grub commands. If they can't be found, then perhaps grub needs to be re-installed.
    I did
    Code:
    dnf reinstall grub2-efi grub2-efi-modules shim
    but it didn't help.

    Then I tried again
    Code:
    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg
    but it didn't help.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    160

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    Described problem persists and another problem has appeared - old kernel is selected in grub menu as default boot menu item. Is it please possible to fix it ?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    old kernel is selected in grub menu as default boot menu item. Is it please possible to fix it ?
    You can select which kernel you want to be the default by setting the GRUB_DEFAULT= variable in /etc/default/grub. If you want the the first kernel in the list to be the default, use 0, for the second, use 1 etc. which can replace the term "saved". Then run (for efi systems):
    Code:
    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg
    You can find the order of kernels in that grub.cfg file by checking the order of the menuentry lines.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    160

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    Quote Originally Posted by nsnbm
    You can select which kernel you want to be the default by setting the GRUB_DEFAULT= variable in /etc/default/grub. If you want the the first kernel in the list to be the default, use 0, for the second, use 1 etc. which can replace the term "saved". Then run (for efi systems):
    Code:
    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg
    You can find the order of kernels in that grub.cfg file by checking the order of the menuentry lines.
    I'm using this on another machines with Non-UEFI boot. I'm not sure whether this command will cause another issues on this broken EFI multiboot.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    I'm using this on another machines with Non-UEFI boot.
    For a non efi machine, grub usually places the grub.cfg file in /boot/grub2/grub.cfg, so one would adjust the grub2-mkconfig command accordingly.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    160

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    Quote Originally Posted by nsnbm
    For a non efi machine, grub usually places the grub.cfg file in /boot/grub2/grub.cfg, so one would adjust the grub2-mkconfig command accordingly.
    Off course, EFI and non-EFI paths differs. I should have mentioned this so as it to be clear for everyone.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    160

    Re: Bootloader has not verified loaded image. System is compromised. Halting.

    Quote Originally Posted by nsnbm
    You can select which kernel you want to be the default by setting the GRUB_DEFAULT= variable in /etc/default/grub. If you want the the first kernel in the list to be the default, use 0, for the second, use 1 etc. which can replace the term "saved". Then run (for efi systems):
    Code:
    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg
    You can find the order of kernels in that grub.cfg file by checking the order of the menuentry lines.

    I tried this and this issue with default kernel in boot menu has been solved. But main issues still persists.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. boot loader has not verified loaded image
    By noraml in forum Hardware & Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th June 2014, 01:51 PM
  2. System compromised ?
    By thms0 in forum Security and Privacy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th October 2012, 02:04 PM
  3. Shutdown fails at 'Halting System' on F8
    By gregma in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2nd March 2008, 01:57 AM
  4. system compromised?
    By 84NITRAM in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th December 2006, 03:14 AM
  5. BIG problem... System halting.
    By Owy in forum Hardware & Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th March 2006, 09:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •