FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Use fedup 0.8 to upgrade to Fedora 20! (FedUp F19->F20 fails after reboot)

Quote Originally Posted by shenwei356
    Hi, all
    Code:
    verify local files 100% [==================================================================================]
    warning: /var/tmp/system-upgrade/rpmfusion-nonfree/packages/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-20-1.noarch.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID b5f29883: NOKEY
    Importing GPG key 0xB5F29883:
     Userid     : "RPM Fusion nonfree repository for Fedora (20) <rpmfusion-buildsys@lists.rpmfusion.org>"
     Fingerprint: a84d cf58 46cb 10b6 5c47 6c35 63c0 de8c b5f2 9883
     Package    : rpmfusion-nonfree-release-19-1.noarch (installed)
     From       : /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-nonfree-fedora-20

Downloading failed: Didn't install any key
    Can you help me?
    Try:
    Code:
    rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-nonfree-fedora-20
    and retry fedup.

Regards
    Last edited by Sayen; 18th December 2013 at 05:54 PM.

Re: USE FEDUP 0.8 TO UPGRADE TO FEDORA 20! (FedUp F19->F20 fails after reboot)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamW
    what the hell do you mean, you don't appreciate my snarky comments?!
    Oops, I meant to refer to my snarky comments

Quote Originally Posted by Don97365
    Upgrading to fedup .8 worked for me. It is pretty amazing that the key element in the upgrading process was stuck in updates-testing when F20 was released. It was also good that I kept looking in this thread until the advice to update fedup from updates came through. Now I have a mostly complete F20 system without too much hassle.

As usual a bunch if F19 packages failed to update but that was relatively simple to fix manually. Based on past failures I reverted from Nvidia drivers to nouveau. I wasn't sure it was necessary but I didn't want to go through that circus this time around.

So, it was shakier than I would have wished but still it worked ok for me and I'm not kicking myself for being stupid not to wait a few weeks. That's progress in itself.

Thanks all for the hard work and helpful responses.

Don
    See, 0.8 shouldn't really be key, that's what tripped us up. Upgrades with 0.7 definitely worked ahead of release, when we tested. I think what happened was the final release upgrade kernel and initramfs stopped working with 0.8, and we missed it.

I am going to tweak the test cases so we should catch this if it happens again...

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
    Adam Williamson | awilliam AT redhat DOT com
    Fedora QA Community Monkey
    IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
    http://www.happyassassin.net

Upgrading fedup to 0.8 solved it for me too. I'm now running Fedora 20. Thanks.

Re: FedUp F19->F20 fails after reboot

anyone having fedup trouble, try this first: update to fedup 0.8 and try again. it's currently being moved from updates testing to updates. that has worked for several people today. not sure if it's the newer fedup or just the retry that helps, but give it a shot.
    I've upgraded to 0.8 and the upgrade fails: I'm able to boot the upgrading then it jumps back to booting f19 but freezes at mounted /boot/efi, so i'm really surprised everyone goes wow 0.8 is the miraculous answer!

I have an amd64 laptop and am already considering trying Yum to update, i really don't see no choice, except making a clean install...

Re: FedUp F19->F20 fails after reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Vareg
    I've upgraded to 0.8 and the upgrade fails: I'm able to boot the upgrading then it jumps back to booting f19 but freezes at mounted /boot/efi, so i'm really surprised everyone goes wow 0.8 is the miraculous answer!

I have an amd64 laptop and am already considering trying Yum to update, i really don't see no choice, except making a clean install...
    Most people (still) don't do native UEFI installs. I've seen one other person report this today (unless that was you as well), so it looks like there may be a bug in the UEFI case which 0.8 doesn't fix. Fun! I'll stick it on my ever-growing todo list. Can you file a bug report with details? Ideally journalctl output? The logs from the upgrade environment should make it to the system journal.

well i'm gonna try that but i'll point out i've never filed a bug report before
    otherwise, dunno if i should feel so happy, i mean it's great to know there's a reason but it's not so great to be one in a million who'll never know what a working upgrade means

Anyway, can't i just get away with it by dumping outputs here?

Hmmm...I have a laptop setup for secure boot so that it can be dual-booted with Windows 8. Notwithstanding my previous comment about not yet having a smooth fedup update through 3 distributions, I was pleasantly surprised when I upgraded the laptop from F18 to F19 in that I did not run into any boot issues. I am hoping for the same experience this time around.

My laptop is an i7 HP so maybe I'll have better luck with it (assuming that I don't take the possibly safer route of yum update).

also, there's like a million lines in journalctrl.... how do i get to what's relevant? thanks for helping

oh journalctl -n X will come in handy, now i have to figure the relevant X number of lines, and where to file bug report for this, i'm getting somewhere

vareg: journalctl is awesome. try 'journalctl -b -1' - that gives you the logs from one boot ago. you can flip through different boots till you find the right one.

you can 'get away' with posting things here, sure, but all you're getting is the test monkey. if you file a bug, the guy who actually writes the code will see it. =)

vareg: journalctl is awesome. try 'journalctl -b -1' - that gives you the logs from one boot ago. you can flip through different boots till you find the right one.

you can 'get away' with posting things here, sure, but all you're getting is the test monkey. if you file a bug, the guy who actually writes the code will see it. =)
    too late Adam, i've filed it already you may find it here https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1044761
    I have used journalctl -n 4000, which sounded appropriate, as i have at about 0:19 rebooted to the upgrade kernel so it would be obvious enough, the time cut is clear as for me.

Well i'm happy if this can help you and others, please let me know if i can help some more
    Last edited by Vareg; 19th December 2013 at 12:16 AM.

To get around the gpg problem above I just used the --nogpgcheck option after updating to the 0.8 version of course. 0.7 didn't work for me either the first go around.

fedup-cli --network 20 --nogpgcheck

Quote Originally Posted by rclark
    To get around the gpg problem above I just used the --nogpgcheck option after updating to the 0.8 version of course. 0.7 didn't work for me either the first go around.

fedup-cli --network 20 --nogpgcheck
    I also did this and succeed.

Hi, all. Thanks you again.

I wrote a upgrade guide on my blog by your valuable advices:

-------------------------------------------------------------
    It will fail to upgrade Fedora 19 to Fedora 20 directly by running fedup sudo fedup --network 20, you must do this firstly, following vbraun's advice.

sudo yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update fedup

If you have failed with fedup 0.7, you can do this to avoid redownload packages, following AdamW's advice.

sudo mv /var/lib/fedora-upgrade /var/lib/system-upgrade
    sudo mv /var/tmp/fedora-upgrade /var/tmp/system-upgrade

And then, import GPG-KEY, following Sayen's advice:

sudo rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-nonfree-fedora-20

Finally,

sudo fedup --network 20

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast