KeePass Issues
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KeePass Issues

Hello there,

I am having some trouble getting keepass to work. I installed mono, downloaded KeePass Portable, and bam. I can't enter certain characters in my password field. Only 2, 6 and zero work. Normal and capital letters work too. Pasting the password doesnt work either.

Text fields in the settings screen are broken too.

The font above the input field is just blocks. See my screenshot.

Am I missing dependencies, or is it another problem? I tried different versions of keepass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2013-10-06 09:11:00.png 
Views:	383 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	25498  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: KeePass Issues

Hi,

have you tried keepassx 0.4.3 from the regular repos?

Best wishes,
    Karsten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keepassx works, but doesn't provide all the functionality I need. It is a workaround, but KeeFox integration isn't available. Besides that, I use KeePass 2.x on my windows box, and the kdbx format isn't supported by keepassx 0.x. I have installed an alpha of keepassx 2.x. However, that is still an alpha, and doesn't provide much functionality.

I have read this thread, but that doesn't work. I use Fedora 19 x64.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's almost funny is I used to use KeePass when I was on Windows. Since moving to Linux (Jan 2013), I've moved to FPM2 because I didn't want to have to play the whole wine/mono thing. I really wanted to leave Windows behind.

Anyway, FPM2 doesn't have (at least I didn't find) a version that runs on windows, but I needed something that I could use on both Linux and Android (my "smart" phone, doncha know).

Nice thing is FPM2 is in the repos and on Google Play, so life, for me, is all good.

pete_1967 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zarex
    Keepassx works, but doesn't provide all the functionality I need. It is a workaround, but KeeFox integration isn't available. Besides that, I use KeePass 2.x on my windows box, and the kdbx format isn't supported by keepassx 0.x. I have installed an alpha of keepassx 2.x. However, that is still an alpha, and doesn't provide much functionality.

I have read this thread, but that doesn't work. I use Fedora 19 x64.
    You can export KeePass 2 database to version 1 format for use with KeePassX.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete_1967
    You can export KeePass 2 database to version 1 format for use with KeePassX.
    I know that, but I need to use KeePass 2 for certain funchtionality. KeePass 2 should be able to work, and I need KeePass 2. I already have KeePass 2 on my windows box, and I synchronize the database file via BitTorrent Sync. Dealing with a database in 2 different formats is a pain in the ass.

I hope someone out there is able to reproduce this issue, and find a solution, since I have spent a lot of time trying to get it to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is a somewhat old thread, but I finally figured out where the block letters shown in the screenshot above were coming from, which had been bugging me for months as well (all versions of KeePass2 up to and including 2.25, on Fedora 20, as well as previous versions); I was able to get rid of them with:

yum remove wine-ms-sans-serif-fonts

Which I figured out by using strace and seeing which fonts it called for displaying the main screen. I noticed that it ends up looking through a huge number of font config files as well, so there may be a more graceful way to do it... but at least for now, this seems to work well for me.