FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Got something good to say? ...

Nothing like enjoying a tasty strawberry/Cherry ice-cream cone on a hot summer day.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Quote Originally Posted by hiGuys
    Something good: I love the default background in the current F24 workstation build. Starry and beautiful. Usually neutral at best in regards to Fedora's default wallpapers but this star look is a real winner!
    I'm keeping it as the login background for that reason, it's a nice one this time. I've not been overly keen since the F20 background. That was fairly nice before the heavier geometric patterns took over.

Comparison between F23 and F24. F24=++F23

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...%28Phoronix%29
    Leslie in Montreal

Been running f24 mate 64. Loaded nvidia driver 340.96. Everything works great so far. Video seems much better on f24 than f23. I think there was gl problems in f23 for me. I have no issues what so ever at the moment. Thanks for a good solid release. Much appreciated.

Thumbs up Re: Got something good to say? ...

Got F25 Workstation loaded on a Toshiba Satellite Notebook. Nice!

Vanilla install using Net Install software. Added Google Chrome. Works flawless!

This old notebook has a SSD. Everything is smooth, fast responsive applications.

Well Done Fedora Project!
    On quest for blue smoke and red rings...

Been using Gnome Wayland on F25 and besides a lot of applications crashing due to it and weird freezes due to gnome-keyring, it actually holds up pretty nice. Most things just work, even Steam gaming via XWayland. I think this progress is gigantic looking at the enormous amount of work necessary to introduce a new display server with coexistence between the two servers and all the weird edge cases. Even libinput now has kinetic scrolling for my touch pad on Firefox.

Now if logging in wouldn't take two tries every time on amdgpu/radeonsi, if I could reload the gnome Wayland session when something goes wrong and if I could find out where XWayland is logging xorg.[0-9].log stuff (or enable such logging) then it will be ready for prime time in my opinion.

Upgrade F24 to F25 succesful

I like to wait awhile before Fedora upgrades. I did the DNF system-upgrade this morning. Complete success.

i change from ubuntu to fedora 25 and it looks very nice. no chrashes till yet
    on ubuntu i get after every boot, the system has an error... but after close the windows, i don't see any error.
    i miss only a place for shortcuts for main quick starts of (chrome, file manager, thunderbird etc.)
    Last edited by fedora1982; 16th April 2017 at 08:08 PM.

Talking Re: Got something good to say? ...

Thank you developers for the hard work on the Fedora project!!!!! Painless upgrade from 25 to 26....awesome!!!! Fedora Workstation on laptop and minitower no issues on either.

Thanks to the support staff who tend to this platform for Fedora enthusiasts. Without your minding the shop, and to all who respond with questions, answers, and topics of interest,

MUCH APPRECIATED.
    Leslie in Montreal

Thumbs up Fedora 26 MATE Spin

I like it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f26.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	27117  

Fedora-gnome is the ONLY distro that works without crashing. I tried them all. It was flawless in 25 and still is on 26!

Fedora not bad at all !! Many thanks developers team !!

Hi. Today I upgraded from Fedora 24 x64 Cinnamon to Fedora 26. Process was very smooth without any error !!

This was beyond my thoughts !!

When I started with Linux, I was very negative with Fedora. Now, after 1 year usage with such excellent upgrade, I changed my view about Fedora ! Now, I'm say "Fedora not bad at all ! It is excellent & highly provisional distro."

I would like to say: thank you, Fedora developers team, for your very hard efforts - & all for free !!! - to make this great distro. available for good of community !

Best regards.
    Fedora 26 X64 bit Cinnamon edition on Lenovo ThinkPad e550 with Intel core i7 5500 CPU @ 2.40 GH X 2, RAM = 8 GB, HHD = 1 TB, Hybrid VGA (Intel Corporation HD Graphic 5500 + Radeon R7 M265 2GB)

Re: Fedora not bad at all !! Many thanks developers team !!

Though some developers stop by and help us, this community is mostly users helping user. Probably more of them look at askfedoraproject.org and of course, the various mailing lists.

That being said, some of them will certainly see, and appreciate, what you said.

Congrats fedora 26

I cannot say enough good things about fedora 26. This has been such a pleasant upgrade from 25.
    Boot speed faster,
    everything works nicely even on my old latitude e6410.
    I did update by backing up my files and doing a workstation install xfce. I just use this computer for programming and don't need eye candy, I feal eye candy is for people that just need a comp for games and e-mail.
    I just needed a new install without dnf upgrade, that seems to leave a lot cruft behind.
    Been using fedora since 19, after many other distros, I did like pclinuxos and mandriva, but chose fedora because it is based on RHL.
    well anyways good job
    If you don't ask, you'll never know
    Never insult yourself, there are millions who can do that for you
    Dell Latitude E6410 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 580 @ 2.67GHz
    NVIDIA GT218M [NVS 3100M]
    Fedora 25 Installed

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast