FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Got something good to say? ...

Fedora 21 MATE-Compiz Spin has performed pretty much perfectly (I expected as much from testing previous builds) since final full clean installation of 21-5 after the gold status was announced. While appearing to be marginally faster it also seems more power efficient than F20 since my notebook is noticeably much cooler to touch in use and the fan spins up less.

So the changes to kernel compilation and overall updates to the distribution are very much appreciated.

Inclusion of new upstream packages has enhanced the overall user experience too. For example I prefer the new slicker builds of the GNOME Sudoku and Mahjong games to their older F20 equivalents. Admittedly small things but they all contribute.

Only one very minor unresolved issue I've come across with yumex not saving the 'cleanup unused requirements is active by default' preference. There is an existing bug open for it at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1161913. So I am sure it will be dealt with at some point.

So a massive thank you for the hard work everyone put in developing the OS and bug chasing! I hope F22 developments continue the evolution of Fedora in a similar manner.

Fedora 21 workstation installed today in HP Pavillion e-017au (amd a4-5000/HD 8330). It is superfast. Extremely pleasing.

installed Fedora 21 Workstation last night on my laptop and it was the easiest version to install and setup the way I wanted yet. Great job Congrats to the development team!
    Dave
    --------------------
    Morse Code early digital communications medium
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Blessings to all

so... got to say...that after a few years....
    gnome 3 seems stable enough to run on this laptop... i might give it a shot...
    but... I don't know how long it will be supported... guess i will need to prepare for the next stir up... any news in Gnome 4?

oh snap!
    i might have spoken to soon... or maybe i need some other remote desktop tool... but haven't found something to replace remmina...
    *sigh*......

Quote Originally Posted by arehtykitna
    Fedora 21 MATE-Compiz Spin has performed pretty much perfectly (I expected as much from testing previous builds) since final full clean installation of 21-5 after the gold status was announced. While appearing to be marginally faster it also seems more power efficient than F20 since my notebook is noticeably much cooler to touch in use and the fan spins up less.

So the changes to kernel compilation and overall updates to the distribution are very much appreciated.

Inclusion of new upstream packages has enhanced the overall user experience too. For example I prefer the new slicker builds of the GNOME Sudoku and Mahjong games to their older F20 equivalents. Admittedly small things but they all contribute.

Only one very minor unresolved issue I've come across with yumex not saving the 'cleanup unused requirements is active by default' preference. There is an existing bug open for it at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1161913. So I am sure it will be dealt with at some point.

So a massive thank you for the hard work everyone put in developing the OS and bug chasing! I hope F22 developments continue the evolution of Fedora in a similar manner.
    Will yumex work with dnf? dnf sql tables may have a different layout.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Hi

There is a branch of yumex which uses dnf as a backend

https://github.com/timlau/yumex-dnf

https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/timlau/yumex-dnf/
    Rahul
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram

I reciprocate feelings. As i have stated above, in laptop, i installed workstation, with cinnamon, with fglrx. I am very much thankful to fedora, this forum.

In one computer with lesser configuration, i installed mate-compiz. I am enjoying that also.

I have not enough words to thank linux world.

Quote Originally Posted by lsatenstein
    Will yumex work with dnf? dnf sql tables may have a different layout.
    Interestingly, both are present in MATE-Compiz Spin. We have yumex and yumex-dnf. I believe yumex is using yum-deprecated as the backend while yumex-dnf is self explanatory.

If you use a combination of both like I do, sometimes run sudo dnf migrate which merges the recorded yum transactions to dnf.

I've just flashed my moto G with CyanogenMod 12.1 this morning using Fedora 22 MATE-Compiz and the android-tools package from Fedora repos. It was plain sailing throughout and I now have a bang up-to-date and more secure phone. It's nice to be able to use Fedora to do that process. Especially as the tools are so readily available

b4time Guest

I installed F23 Mate and I have to say everything works as it should. One minor glitch with sudo in terminal but this was my fault at install. I even get sound to hdmi with nvidia on the the stock driver. No nvidia driver needed. Composting works as it should.Of coarse compiz is a no go without the nvidia driver but this was expected. Good job people. Thanks for the effort.Top of the line release so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DBelton
    What is this Gnome thing that people keep referring to? Isn't a Gnome those weird little statues that haunt peoples yards? Man, those things are really creepy! They seem to move on their own and seem to be looking right at you no matter where you move to!
    Last summer, my pair of gnomes appeared. It was black, with white stripes, and when the gnomes walked, they waddled.

The dog attacked one of them once, now the dog knows better than to attack gnomes.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

I believe your gnomes have been seen in this part of the world as well... I see them all the time where they have marched out into the roadway to wage war on the human population. It appears as though the only defense against these pesky gnomes is to flatten them really good with your vehicle.

I believe Bob had a few battles with the gnomes assigned to take him out a few months back, but Bob prevailed and won a great battle for humankind.

There have been numerous mugshots taken of these pesky gnomes, and even more numerous warnings issued, but people still don't believe the extent of the danger...

For the safety of all members of this forum, I am posting a mugshot... If you see any of these gnomes, do not approach unless very well shielded, and even then, don't approach!

bob is online now Administrator (yeah, back again)
    Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).

Yes, my War was won, but at a heck of a price. I'm now in Fla. until the smoke clears. (Also, because it's a bit chilly in Colton, NY during the winter).
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Quote Originally Posted by bob
    Yes, my War was won, but at a heck of a price. I'm now in Fla. until the smoke clears. (Also, because it's a bit chilly in Colton, NY during the winter).
    Yea.. a heavy price.. You are being forced to use Ubuntu until you get back to your Fedora machine..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast