FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Got something good to say? ...

... Then this is the place for it.

As we all know, part of the reason that developers don't lurk around forums is not only the herculean effort required to separate the content from the confusion, but the general tendency of folks to want to gripe long before they think to thank.

So ... let's try to help change that.

If you've got something good to say, a positive comment, or a courteous thank you to offer, please do it here.

That being said, the other ground rule is, leave the complaints elsewhere. If you haven't got something good to say, don't post here. There are places provided for that sort of thing, too. So they don't need to be here.

Alrighty then. Let us watch the flowers fall where they may!

Re: Got something good to say? ...

Most of my thoughts and energy goes to my kids and other projects, like bbqing

I am grateful for Fedora. And a big THANKS for all the hard work put in, so guys like me can have a system that's solid smooth. My F18 notebook is my daily driver, it keeps me - my family - my projects organized.

Whether I am jamming to a shuffle mix on Rhythmbox - while I work on peppers in the kitchen, or keeping all the kids' events straight, or working on graphics with GIMP and Scribus, or any number of projects kept organized using Fedora...

A Big THANK You, from an on-the-go Dad
    On quest for blue smoke and red rings...

Aaaahhh .... Yeah. That reminds me of the "other" rule.

You're not allowed to say anything good about Gnome 3.

Ever.

*Dan slams the locks down on the thread ... ducks ... and runs!* <....>

EDIT: (For newcomers or the un-initiated, I'm just poking fun at Dave here. Positive comments about Gnome 3 are actually quite welcome, and encouraged.)

Gnome 3 is so bad....that when im at work (windows) i keep going to the hot corner to pull up my gnome display.....(GNOME 3 ZOMBIE WALKS AWAY!!)

Quote Originally Posted by trekkie690
    Gnome 3 is so bad....that when im at work (windows) i keep going to the hot corner to pull up my gnome display.....(GNOME 3 ZOMBIE WALKS AWAY!!)
    Too long. Short form = Gnombie! And don't they actually lurch and totter more than walk? <....>

That being said, I run into the same sort of problem on Windows®. I put my mouse in an open area of the screen, give the wheel a quick flick ... <....>

... <....>

... and nothing happens. No adjacent workspace slides in. <....> So I resign myself to doing it the hard way, <....> and ...

... Aw, DANG! This is Windows®! No workspaces! <....>

Usually right after that, I start hunting a liveCD, external drive to boot ... or a different computer. <....>

What is this Gnome thing that people keep referring to? Isn't a Gnome those weird little statues that haunt peoples yards? Man, those things are really creepy! They seem to move on their own and seem to be looking right at you no matter where you move to!

Fedora 14 is awesome.... Thanks to all the efforts of people that made it possible...

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Did I mention that fedora 14 has gnome 2?... and that is awesome?

Fedora rawhide is awesome. Thanks to all the efforts by the devs. I run XFCE.
    LENOVO Y580 FHD Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz × 8 |660M GTX NVIDIA | 16 GB SSD

From someone who is beginning to get his feet wet with development, I must say that all work that you guys do with documenting, packaging, maintaining, testing and developing is appreciated. While I may not agree with all the decisions that you make, I am thankful for the fact that you are there to help and aid with the software many of us take for granted. Thank you.
    Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad L440, CPU: Intel Core i7 4702MQ Quad Core 2.20 GHz, Ram: 16GB DDR3, Hard Drive: 500GB, Graphics: Intel 4600 HD, Wireless: Intel 7260AC

Demz3 Guest

im to lazy to say anything nice or bad for that matter so i'll leave it at that

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

but seriously i like Gnome3, just a shame Epiphany isnt any better than its other counterparts atm

stevea Guest

Shout out to all the package maintainers. Yes the pkg developers deserve praise, and the core packages are indispensable, but there are a LOT ppl who've adopted packages and make it possible for the rest of us to just 'yum install ...' and be done with it.

tip of the fedora to ya'

I am using Fedora

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Aaaahhh .... Yeah. That reminds me of the "other" rule.

You're not allowed to say anything good about Gnome 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBelton
    What is this Gnome thing that people keep referring to? Isn't a Gnome those weird little statues that haunt peoples yards? Man, those things are really creepy!
    Dan-s, I did not mention the sunshine-rainbow-unicorn joy that is Gnome 3, for some still resists it's magical comfort

And I do actually have a gnome, with lantern, watching my bbq's in the back yard
    On quest for blue smoke and red rings...

Uhm ... Dave ...

... seek professional help. <....>

I have something good to say. Thank you to all of the Linux developers for all of your hard work and dedication. We tend to take same for granted, but we do appreciate it.

I stumbled upon Linux over 10 years ago and have never looked back. I can honestly say that I've had a lot of fun (and a lot of frustration) playing around with many different Linux distributions over the years. If it weren't for you I'd still be lost in the downward spiral that is that other major OS. That would be depressing.

So .... Thank you!
    Glenn
    The Bassinator
    © ®

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast