graphics ghosting
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    mcelroyj Guest

graphics ghosting

I've recently added a second monitor to my system and I, of course, had to reconfigure some things. In the past, I experienced some ghosting on the screen (e.g. I could see several light shadows of the cursor in a terminal window to the right of the actual terminal).

I eliminated this in the past with one monitor, but I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it. Now that I'm on dual monitors, I have been completely unable to determine how I got rid of this issue.

I'm running FC3 (2.6.9-1.681_FC3smp) with an nVidia GeForce FX 5700 w/ 256 megs of RAM. The monitors are a NEC AccuSync 120 (21 inch) and a Mitsubishi 900u (19 inch). The Mitsubishi is the original monitor.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

Linux (Android 5.1.1) Chrome 67.0.3396.87

Re: graphics ghosting

Quote Originally Posted by mcelroyj
    I've recently added a second monitor to my system and I, of course, had to reconfigure some things. In the past, I experienced some ghosting on the screen (e.g. I could see several light shadows of the cursor in a terminal window to the right of the actual terminal).

I eliminated this in the past with one monitor, but I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it. Now that I'm on dual monitors, I have been completely unable to determine how I got rid of this issue.

I'm running FC3 (2.6.9-1.681_FC3smp) with an nVidia GeForce FX 5700 w/ 256 megs of RAM. The monitors are a NEC AccuSync 120 (21 inch) and a Mitsubishi 900u (19 inch). The Mitsubishi is the original monitor.

Thanks,

Jeremiah
    I've got ghosting on a 10 metre vga cable to the TV, anyone here have a solution besides upgrading to a hdmi cable??

Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
    Linux (Fedora) Chrome 68.0.3440.84

Re: graphics ghosting

Ummmm.... just thinking that posting on a 14 year old thread is NOT the best idea. I'm closing this one, so open a fresh thread with your issues.
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.