FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: PostInstallerF

yeah! Today new release PostInstallerF 1.2.0, please read the first page. Previous versions will be updated automatically. Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by debo2011
    Previous versions will be updated automatically.
    Does this version self update as well!

Smile Re: PostInstallerF

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse
    Does this version self update as well!
    Yes, because PostInstallerF now has a repository. 34 packages out of the box, we have packed.

I have not finished packing for Fedora 17 and 19, but I'm working on it.
    Last edited by debo2011; 31st May 2013 at 04:46 PM.

bob is online now Administrator (yeah, back again)
    Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).

Some nice additions. Tried a few and noticed that PlayOnLinux fails (twice). All 'wine' packages installed properly. Unfortunately, since there's no way to save the output, can't give more details on the 'fail'.
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Thumbs up Re: PostInstallerF

Quote Originally Posted by bob
    Some nice additions. Tried a few and noticed that PlayOnLinux fails (twice). All 'wine' packages installed properly. Unfortunately, since there's no way to save the output, can't give more details on the 'fail'.
    Ok, I will to check , and fix it. Thanks for this report.

This is problem about repository of PlayOnLinux. I fixed the problem, now only wait, when the servers and mirrors going to update
    Last edited by debo2011; 31st May 2013 at 07:20 PM.

bob is online now Administrator (yeah, back again)
    Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).

Just verified it's working okay now. One more item, minor, but your description of yED is copied to Cmap Tools as well.
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Exclamation Re: PostInstallerF

Quote Originally Posted by bob
    Just verified it's working okay now. One more item, minor, but your description of yED is copied to Cmap Tools as well.
    Thanks, I will change the simple error about the description

I wish make a rpm for yED and Cmap but are very conflictives (propietary). I can't package because type of license. I was speaking with the developer de yED, and he said they need have all control about the downloads.

Yeah! ready for Fedora 19, working now Fedora 20

Yeah! PostInstallerF is ready for Fedora 20, enjoy!

In the past I tried postinastallerf, found that it was pretty good, but it became obtrusive. I like a software like postinstallerf that would builds a large RPM file based on having the applications I would like to have as extras. That rpm image is downloaded, and installed after Fedora is installed, and voila,*we are there.

So, the way that would make me happy would be to have the Fedora iso, and a single file -- a postinstallerf rpm

If you think of it, I am quite sure that there would not be too many variations of the add-on rpm file.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

I do want to know why things like adobe flash are installed from the postinstallerf repo instead of just installing it directly from the adobe repo.

Use the adobe repo and you are assured of getting the latest version. Last I looked you had an old version in the postinstallerf repo. (at least the Fedora 19 version had an old version of flash plugin)

Hi there Mr DB.
    The last time I went to the Adobe website for flash, the RPM support had disappeared. For Linux, all that Adobe provided was a gzipped tar file for when one clicked on YUM or RPM. I suppose that Adobe wants flash to disappear, and for alternative products to appear.

Therefore, we should be looking at rpmfusion to house the latest Adobe flash, or Adobe open source or whatever.

Adobe did say that their version would only have updates if and only if there were security concerns.

Time to move on, I guess. Time to have Mozilla provide a good integrated flash player.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Quote Originally Posted by lsatenstein
    Hi there Mr DB.
    The last time I went to the Adobe website for flash, the RPM support had disappeared. For Linux, all that Adobe provided was a gzipped tar file for when one clicked on YUM or RPM.

[ ... ]
    That was for one day or so. You can download the rpm from Adobe's website even now ..
    Fedora 27 x86_64 XFCE - Sager | Intel Core i7 - 4810 MQ | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M | 16 GB RAM | 480 GB ADATA SSD |
    Fedora 27 x86_64 XFCE - Dell Precision M4800 | Intel Core i7 - 4900 MQ | NVIDIA Quadro K1100M | 16 GB RAM | 750 GB 7200 RPM HDD |

The Linux Documentation Project | Fedora Documentation

Yea, I think it was a glitch someplace when they put a new version of flash out. It happened right about the time a new version appeared in the repo.

But, sadly, all Adobe is doing for the linux version of flash is security updates, having put all of their linux resources into pepper and making it available exclusively in chrome. (I do believe that if you have chrome and pepper flash player installed, there are ways that you can get chromium to use it as well, but other browsers can't use it.)

Smile Re: PostInstallerF

Quote Originally Posted by DBelton
    I do want to know why things like adobe flash are installed from the postinstallerf repo instead of just installing it directly from the adobe repo.

Use the adobe repo and you are assured of getting the latest version. Last I looked you had an old version in the postinstallerf repo. (at least the Fedora 19 version had an old version of flash plugin)
    Hi, PostInstallerf don't include the flash plugin in your repository; but only Adobe and Russian Fedora repository.

Check:

repoquery --repoid=postinstallerf -a

repoquery --repoid=postinstallerf-updates -a

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast