FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Flash Sound on Web Browsers (F17 64)

I ran preupgrade and am having very little growing pains. However, I cannot get sound from Flash on Chrome or Firefox. Oh, I do have sound using Konqueror...actually, no I don't. So no sound from Web-browsers period.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Actually, I'm pretty much have sound issues across the board. I have KDE-Desktop. Haven't had issues like this since F11. So, I've forgotten how to trouble shoot.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Oh, and a side issue, the computer will not reboot when I tell it to. It goes into the pre-reboot mode and then fails. I have to punch the hard-reboot button.

Thinking I may just to a full install if I can't find the solution by the weekend.
    My setup:

Intel DP35DP MB; Nvidia 440 2 gig Video Card; 8 gigs of ram; Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83 gig; Hp Officejet Pro L7580; LVM F23 64bit using 2 320g HDs and dual monitors.

Re: Flash Sound on Web Browsers (F17 64)

Most of the time, I've found this means the active channel volume is muted, try installing the pulse audio volume control (install the package: pavucontrol ) and then look in the multimedia menu item in your desktop and run the Pulse Audio Volume Control. From the P.A. volume control, look in the "Output Devices" tab and make sure the Port: is set to "Analog Output" and the volume sliders are not zeroed out and the mute button is not pressed. You can also run alsamixer from a console window, press the F5 button to see all the channels and make sure the volume bar is up for "Master" (mute mode in this tool shows as "MM" at the bottom of the bar. If it shows "MM" press the m key to flip the channel back to "00" which means it's not muted.

Thanks, I'll check that out and let you know the outcome.
    My setup:

Intel DP35DP MB; Nvidia 440 2 gig Video Card; 8 gigs of ram; Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83 gig; Hp Officejet Pro L7580; LVM F23 64bit using 2 320g HDs and dual monitors.

OK. That all worked. It was all installed on 16. Must have lost it during the upgrade. Thanks.
    My setup: