FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

F16 on HP Proliant DL380 G4

I've been fighting with what I assume is a kernel 3 issue all night but I can't find anyone else reporting the same problem. If anyone can confirm or even justify what I am experiencing, and perhaps help me either find a workaround or file a bug, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a Proliant DL380 G4 that has run Fedora 12-15 with no issues whatsoever.

Last night, did a preupgrade, of which the first part completed beautifully. However, once it rebooted into the upgrade environment, it complains that it can't find it's kickstart file.

Come to find out, the reason it cannot find the kickstart file is that it is not loading the Smart Array P6i. The cciss driver complains that it cannot get IRQ 19, which is taken by one of the USB controllers.

I get the same complaint when trying to boot from the F16 DVD.

Throughout this, it continued to happily boot into F15 just fine.

I got around the issue with the preupgrade environment by disabling USB in the BIOS. Once I did that, cciss loaded fine and I have my RAID controller back. And once the upgrade completed, F16 works like a champ. But once I try to re-enable USB in the BIOS, I can no longer boot--because it can't find any drives.

I've tried booting with irqpoll, noapic, pci=nobios and pci=biosirq. None had any effect.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Any other info that might help anyone out there shed some light? Is there something else I can try or a workaround? This particular system is useless to me without USB.

Thanks!

Re: F16 on HP Proliant DL380 G4

I was having the same issue on an HP DL580. I did finally get the Fedora 16 install to recognize my Smart Array on my DL580 by specifying the following as boot options during the install: "linux noprobe acpi=noirq askmethod". I then selected SmartArray2 and presto I can see my drives!

Credit due to old post on Linux forums though I do recall doing this before I had not recalled it until seeing this post: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...core-v-438887/