FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

f15 network install stuck on "retrieving installation information"

hi. i'm doing a fresh network install of f15 from a usb stick. the installation has now been stuck on the "retrieving installation information for fedora 15 - i386" stage for over an hour. on previous releases this stage has only taken a few mins. i can see from my router that there have been thousands of packets sent and received from the laptop. i've searched all the normal places but can't find anyone else reporting this. does anyone know if this is a known bug (and if there is a fix) or if this stage takes significantly longer in f15 to any previous release ? cheers.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

finally got to the next stage after nearly two hours. no idea why it took so long.

Re: f15 network install stuck on "retrieving installation information"

Quote Originally Posted by Carrot Cruncher
    hi. i'm doing a fresh network install of f15 from a usb stick. the installation has now been stuck on the "retrieving installation information for fedora 15 - i386" stage for over an hour. on previous releases this stage has only taken a few mins. i can see from my router that there have been thousands of packets sent and received from the laptop. i've searched all the normal places but can't find anyone else reporting this. does anyone know if this is a known bug (and if there is a fix) or if this stage takes significantly longer in f15 to any previous release ? cheers.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

finally got to the next stage after nearly two hours. no idea why it took so long.

Me too have the same problem when i install f15dvd.iso from pendrive. please rectify

Red face Re: f15 network install stuck on "retrieving installation information"

I'm having this problem too, having created my USB installation disk using UUnetbootin. I think its trying to download the installation files, which means that its not looking on the USB drive itself.

The installation can be customised with parameters.

Are there any special parameters that need to be supplied at the setup boot prompt to make the installation look for the files on the USB drive itself?