dependencies resolution errors: multilib
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    71

    dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    when I tried to update, my notebook overheated and shut down.

    Now I get these messages:

    Code:
    Dependency Resolution Errors:
    
    Protected multilib versions: mesa-libGLU-7.11-0.8.20110506.0.fc15.i686 != mesa-libGLU-7.11-0.6.20110412.0.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: bluez-libs-4.87-5.fc15.i686 != bluez-libs-4.87-3.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: dconf-0.7.4-1.i686 != dconf-0.7.3-2.x86_64Protected multilib versions: glibc-2.13.90-11.i686 != glibc-2.13.90-9.x86_64Protected multilib versions: libproxy-0.4.7-0.1svn20110412.fc15.i686 != libproxy-0.4.6-4.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: 1:NetworkManager-glib-0.8.999-1.fc15.i686 != 1:NetworkManager-glib-0.8.998-4.git20110427.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: mesa-libGL-7.11-0.8.20110506.0.fc15.i686 != mesa-libGL-7.11-0.6.20110412.0.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: mesa-dri-llvmcore-7.11-0.8.20110506.0.fc15.i686 != mesa-dri-llvmcore-7.11-0.6.20110412.0.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: libuuid-2.19.1-1.fc15.i686 != libuuid-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    when I try yum upgrade --setopt=protected_multilib=false
    I get this message:

    file /usr/share/doc/glibc-2.13.90/NEWS from install of glibc-2.13.90-11.i686 conflicts with file from package glibc-2.13.90-9.x86_64

    Kernel: 2.6.38.5-24.fc15.x86_64

  2. #2
    Seve's Avatar
    Seve is offline Retired Community Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    60
    Posts
    12,371

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesie
    when I tried to update, my notebook overheated and shut down.

    Now I get these messages:

    Code:
    Dependency Resolution Errors:
    
    Protected multilib versions: mesa-libGLU-7.11-0.8.20110506.0.fc15.i686 != mesa-libGLU-7.11-0.6.20110412.0.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: bluez-libs-4.87-5.fc15.i686 != bluez-libs-4.87-3.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: dconf-0.7.4-1.i686 != dconf-0.7.3-2.x86_64Protected multilib versions: glibc-2.13.90-11.i686 != glibc-2.13.90-9.x86_64Protected multilib versions: libproxy-0.4.7-0.1svn20110412.fc15.i686 != libproxy-0.4.6-4.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: 1:NetworkManager-glib-0.8.999-1.fc15.i686 != 1:NetworkManager-glib-0.8.998-4.git20110427.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: mesa-libGL-7.11-0.8.20110506.0.fc15.i686 != mesa-libGL-7.11-0.6.20110412.0.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: mesa-dri-llvmcore-7.11-0.8.20110506.0.fc15.i686 != mesa-dri-llvmcore-7.11-0.6.20110412.0.fc15.x86_64Protected multilib versions: libuuid-2.19.1-1.fc15.i686 != libuuid-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    when I try yum upgrade --setopt=protected_multilib=false
    I get this message:

    file /usr/share/doc/glibc-2.13.90/NEWS from install of glibc-2.13.90-11.i686 conflicts with file from package glibc-2.13.90-9.x86_64

    Kernel: 2.6.38.5-24.fc15.x86_64
    Happens every once in a while on most releases of Fedora.

    From a terminal :

    su -

    PHP Code:
    mv  /usr/share/doc/glibc-2.13.90/NEWS  /usr/share/doc/glibc-2.13.90/NEWSi686 
    Then run

    yum clean all

    yum update

    And see how it goes.
    Registered Linux User: #384977
    .................................................. ............
    See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    71

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    thanks, I get a lot of errors:
    Code:
    Error: Protected multilib versions: bluez-libs-4.87-5.fc15.i686 != bluez-libs-4.87-3.fc15.x86_64
    Error: Protected multilib versions: dconf-0.7.4-1.i686 != dconf-0.7.3-2.x86_64
    Error: Protected multilib versions: glibc-2.13.90-11.i686 != glibc-2.13.90-9.x86_64
    Error: Protected multilib versions: libproxy-0.4.7-0.1svn20110412.fc15.i686 != libproxy-0.4.6-4.fc15.x86_64
    Error: Protected multilib versions: 1:NetworkManager-glib-0.8.999-1.fc15.i686 != 1:NetworkManager-glib-0.8.998-4.git20110427.fc15.x86_64
    Error: Protected multilib versions: libuuid-2.19.1-1.fc15.i686 != libuuid-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
     You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
    ** Found 77 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
    1:NetworkManager-0.8.999-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:NetworkManager-0.8.998-4.git20110427.fc15.x86_64
    1:NetworkManager-glib-0.8.999-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:NetworkManager-glib-0.8.998-4.git20110427.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-glib-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-glib-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-yum-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-yum-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    abrt-2.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with abrt-2.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
    abrt-addon-ccpp-2.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with abrt-addon-ccpp-2.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
    abrt-addon-kerneloops-2.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with abrt-addon-kerneloops-2.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
    abrt-addon-python-2.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with abrt-addon-python-2.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
    abrt-gui-2.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with abrt-gui-2.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
    abrt-libs-2.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with abrt-libs-2.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
    abrt-plugin-bugzilla-2.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with abrt-plugin-bugzilla-2.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
    abrt-plugin-logger-2.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with abrt-plugin-logger-2.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
    amarok-2.4.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with amarok-2.4.0-4.fc15.x86_64
    amarok-libs-2.4.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with amarok-libs-2.4.0-4.fc15.x86_64
    amarok-utils-2.4.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with amarok-utils-2.4.0-4.fc15.x86_64
    1:autocorr-en-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with 1:autocorr-en-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.noarch
    bash-4.2.10-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with bash-4.2.8-2.fc15.x86_64
    32:bind-libs-9.8.0-3.P1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 32:bind-libs-9.8.0-2.fc15.x86_64
    32:bind-license-9.8.0-3.P1.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with 32:bind-license-9.8.0-2.fc15.noarch
    bluedevil-1.1-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with bluedevil-1.0.3-1.fc15.x86_64
    bluez-4.87-5.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with bluez-4.87-3.fc15.x86_64
    bluez-libs-4.87-5.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with bluez-libs-4.87-3.fc15.x86_64
    1:control-center-filesystem-3.0.1.1-6.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:control-center-filesystem-3.0.1.1-4.fc15.x86_64
    cronie-1.4.7-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with cronie-1.4.7-1.fc15.x86_64
    cronie-anacron-1.4.7-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with cronie-anacron-1.4.7-1.fc15.x86_64
    dconf-0.7.4-1.x86_64 is a duplicate with dconf-0.7.3-2.x86_64
    dracut-009-9.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with dracut-009-6.fc15.noarch
    fedora-icon-theme-1.0.0-10.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with fedora-icon-theme-1.0.0-9.fc15.noarch
    1:gdm-3.0.0-3.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:gdm-3.0.0-2.fc15.x86_64
    glibc-2.13.90-11.x86_64 is a duplicate with glibc-2.13.90-9.x86_64
    glibc-common-2.13.90-11.x86_64 is a duplicate with glibc-common-2.13.90-9.x86_64
    gnome-python2-applet-2.32.0-3.fc14.x86_64 has missing requires of libpanel-applet-2.so.0()(64bit)
    gnome-shell-3.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with gnome-shell-3.0.1-1.fc15.x86_64
    gnome-shell-extensions-common-3.0.1-2.b20cbagit.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with gnome-shell-extensions-common-3.0.1-1.f016b9git.fc15.noarch
    iproute-2.6.38.1-4.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with iproute-2.6.38.1-3.fc15.x86_64
    iso-codes-3.25.1-1.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with iso-codes-3.25-1.fc15.noarch
    jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.7-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.7-1.fc15.x86_64
    6:kdelibs-4.6.2-4.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 6:kdelibs-4.6.2-1.fc15.x86_64
    6:kdelibs-common-4.6.2-4.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 6:kdelibs-common-4.6.2-1.fc15.x86_64
    libblkid-2.19.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libblkid-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    libbluedevil-1.9-0.1.20110502git.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libbluedevil-1.8.1-1.fc15.x86_64
    libmount-2.19.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libmount-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    libpanelappletmm-2.26.0-2.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of libpanel-applet-2.so.0()(64bit)
    libproxy-0.4.7-0.1svn20110412.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libproxy-0.4.6-4.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-base-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-base-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-calc-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-calc-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-core-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-core-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-impress-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-impress-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-langpack-en-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-langpack-en-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-opensymbol-fonts-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-opensymbol-fonts-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.noarch
    1:libreoffice-presenter-screen-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-presenter-screen-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-ure-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-ure-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-writer-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-writer-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    libreport-2.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libreport-2.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
    libreport-gtk-2.0.2-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libreport-gtk-2.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
    libuuid-2.19.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libuuid-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    mesa-dri-filesystem-7.11-0.8.20110506.0.fc15.i686 is a duplicate with mesa-dri-filesystem-7.11-0.6.20110412.0.fc15.x86_64
    mesa-dri-llvmcore-7.11-0.8.20110506.0.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with mesa-dri-llvmcore-7.11-0.6.20110412.0.fc15.x86_64
    mesa-libGL-7.11-0.8.20110506.0.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with mesa-libGL-7.11-0.6.20110412.0.fc15.x86_64
    mesa-libGLU-7.11-0.8.20110506.0.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with mesa-libGLU-7.11-0.6.20110412.0.fc15.x86_64
    ntpdate-4.2.6p3-4.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with ntpdate-4.2.6p3-3.fc15.x86_64
    poppler-0.16.5-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with poppler-0.16.4-1.fc15.x86_64
    poppler-glib-0.16.5-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with poppler-glib-0.16.4-1.fc15.x86_64
    pygobject2-2.28.4-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with pygobject2-2.28.3-1.fc15.x86_64
    selinux-policy-3.9.16-23.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with selinux-policy-3.9.16-21.fc15.noarch
    selinux-policy-targeted-3.9.16-23.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with selinux-policy-targeted-3.9.16-21.fc15.noarch
    systemd-units-26-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with systemd-units-25-1.fc15.x86_64
    1:tcl-8.5.9-3.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:tcl-8.5.9-2.fc15.x86_64
    upower-0.9.10-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with upower-0.9.9-1.fc15.x86_64
    util-linux-2.19.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with util-linux-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    wine-common-1.3.19-1.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with wine-common-1.3.18-1.fc15.noarch
    wine-core-1.3.19-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with wine-core-1.3.18-1.fc15.x86_64
    xdg-utils-1.1.0-0.6.20110505.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with xdg-utils-1.1.0-0.4.20110408.fc15.noarch
    xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.10.1-14.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.10.1-11.fc15.x86_64
    xorg-x11-server-common-1.10.1-14.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with xorg-x11-server-common-1.10.1-11.fc15.x86_64

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    71

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    in the meantime I did the following:

    yum remove glibc-2.13.90-9.x86_64
    and then

    Code:
    yum update --setopt=protected_multilib=false --skip-broken
    Result: Most updates were installed; this was the result:

    Code:
    Skipped (dependency problems):
      glibc.i686 0:2.13.90-11          ntfsprogs.x86_64 2:2011.4.12-3.fc15         
    
    Replaced:
      ntfsprogs.x86_64 2:2011.4.12-2.fc15
    But I can't update the remaing glibc

    Code:
    Dependency Resolution Errors:
    
    Package: glibc-common-2.13.90-9.x86_64 (@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201104192344.x86_64)
        Requires: glibc = 2.13.90-9
        Removing: glibc-2.13.90-9.i686 (@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201104192344.x86_64)
            glibc = 2.13.90-9
        Updated By: glibc-2.13.90-11.i686 (updates-testing)
            glibc = 2.13.90-11
    What can I do?

  5. #5
    Seve's Avatar
    Seve is offline Retired Community Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    60
    Posts
    12,371

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    Perhaps you could manually disable all of the non-stardard yum-plugins you have installed?

    and

    rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db* && rpm --rebuilddb


    Then try yum again with a simple

    yum check-update

    and once again see how it goes

    You could also search through bugzilla ?

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
    Registered Linux User: #384977
    .................................................. ............
    See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    71

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    thanks. I tried it and could update all the packages without glibc.
    Here the messages I got:
    Code:
    yum update
    Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
    Setting up Update Process
    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package glibc.i686 0:2.13.90-9 will be updated
    --> Processing Dependency: glibc = 2.13.90-9 for package: glibc-common-2.13.90-9.x86_64
    ---> Package glibc.i686 0:2.13.90-11 will be an update
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Error: Package: glibc-common-2.13.90-9.x86_64 (@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201104192344.x86_64)
               Requires: glibc = 2.13.90-9
               Removing: glibc-2.13.90-9.i686 (@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201104192344.x86_64)
                   glibc = 2.13.90-9
               Updated By: glibc-2.13.90-11.i686 (updates-testing)
                   glibc = 2.13.90-11
     You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
    ** Found 54 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
    PackageKit-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-glib-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-glib-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-yum-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-yum-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    amarok-2.4.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with amarok-2.4.0-4.fc15.x86_64
    amarok-libs-2.4.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with amarok-libs-2.4.0-4.fc15.x86_64
    amarok-utils-2.4.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with amarok-utils-2.4.0-4.fc15.x86_64
    1:autocorr-en-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with 1:autocorr-en-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.noarch
    bash-4.2.10-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with bash-4.2.8-2.fc15.x86_64
    32:bind-libs-9.8.0-3.P1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 32:bind-libs-9.8.0-2.fc15.x86_64
    32:bind-license-9.8.0-3.P1.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with 32:bind-license-9.8.0-2.fc15.noarch
    bluedevil-1.1-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with bluedevil-1.0.3-1.fc15.x86_64
    bluez-4.87-5.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with bluez-4.87-3.fc15.x86_64
    bluez-libs-4.87-5.fc15.i686 is a duplicate with bluez-libs-4.87-3.fc15.x86_64
    1:control-center-filesystem-3.0.1.1-6.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:control-center-filesystem-3.0.1.1-4.fc15.x86_64
    dracut-009-9.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with dracut-009-6.fc15.noarch
    1:gdm-3.0.0-3.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:gdm-3.0.0-2.fc15.x86_64
    glibc-2.13.90-11.x86_64 is a duplicate with glibc-2.13.90-9.i686
    glibc-common-2.13.90-11.x86_64 is a duplicate with glibc-common-2.13.90-9.x86_64
    gnome-python2-applet-2.32.0-3.fc14.x86_64 has missing requires of libpanel-applet-2.so.0()(64bit)
    gnome-shell-extensions-common-3.0.1-2.b20cbagit.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with gnome-shell-extensions-common-3.0.1-1.f016b9git.fc15.noarch
    iproute-2.6.38.1-4.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with iproute-2.6.38.1-3.fc15.x86_64
    iso-codes-3.25.1-1.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with iso-codes-3.25-1.fc15.noarch
    jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.7-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.7-1.fc15.x86_64
    libblkid-2.19.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libblkid-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    libbluedevil-1.9-0.1.20110502git.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libbluedevil-1.8.1-1.fc15.x86_64
    libmount-2.19.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libmount-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    libpanelappletmm-2.26.0-2.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of libpanel-applet-2.so.0()(64bit)
    libproxy-0.4.7-0.1svn20110412.fc15.i686 is a duplicate with libproxy-0.4.6-4.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-base-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-base-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-calc-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-calc-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-core-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-core-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-impress-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-impress-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-langpack-en-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-langpack-en-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-opensymbol-fonts-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-opensymbol-fonts-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.noarch
    1:libreoffice-presenter-screen-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-presenter-screen-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-ure-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-ure-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-writer-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-writer-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    libuuid-2.19.1-1.fc15.i686 is a duplicate with libuuid-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    ntpdate-4.2.6p3-4.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with ntpdate-4.2.6p3-3.fc15.x86_64
    poppler-0.16.5-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with poppler-0.16.4-1.fc15.x86_64
    poppler-glib-0.16.5-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with poppler-glib-0.16.4-1.fc15.x86_64
    pygobject2-2.28.4-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with pygobject2-2.28.3-1.fc15.x86_64
    selinux-policy-3.9.16-23.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with selinux-policy-3.9.16-21.fc15.noarch
    selinux-policy-targeted-3.9.16-23.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with selinux-policy-targeted-3.9.16-21.fc15.noarch
    systemd-units-26-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with systemd-units-25-1.fc15.x86_64
    1:tcl-8.5.9-3.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:tcl-8.5.9-2.fc15.x86_64
    upower-0.9.10-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with upower-0.9.9-1.fc15.x86_64
    util-linux-2.19.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with util-linux-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    wine-common-1.3.19-1.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with wine-common-1.3.18-1.fc15.noarch
    wine-core-1.3.19-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with wine-core-1.3.18-1.fc15.x86_64
    xdg-utils-1.1.0-0.6.20110505.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with xdg-utils-1.1.0-0.4.20110408.fc15.noarch
    xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.10.1-14.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.10.1-11.fc15.x86_64
    xorg-x11-server-common-1.10.1-14.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with xorg-x11-server-common-1.10.1-11.fc15.x86_64
    I think the problem has to do with the shutdown when I started to update.
    Yes I looked thru the bugs; but I couldn't find anything useful for me.

  7. #7
    Seve's Avatar
    Seve is offline Retired Community Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    60
    Posts
    12,371

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesie
    thanks. I tried it and could update all the packages without glibc.
    Here the messages I got:
    Code:
    yum update
    Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
    Setting up Update Process
    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package glibc.i686 0:2.13.90-9 will be updated
    --> Processing Dependency: glibc = 2.13.90-9 for package: glibc-common-2.13.90-9.x86_64
    ---> Package glibc.i686 0:2.13.90-11 will be an update
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    Error: Package: glibc-common-2.13.90-9.x86_64 (@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201104192344.x86_64)
               Requires: glibc = 2.13.90-9
               Removing: glibc-2.13.90-9.i686 (@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201104192344.x86_64)
                   glibc = 2.13.90-9
               Updated By: glibc-2.13.90-11.i686 (updates-testing)
                   glibc = 2.13.90-11
     You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
    ** Found 54 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
    PackageKit-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-glib-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-glib-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-yum-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with PackageKit-yum-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    amarok-2.4.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with amarok-2.4.0-4.fc15.x86_64
    amarok-libs-2.4.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with amarok-libs-2.4.0-4.fc15.x86_64
    amarok-utils-2.4.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with amarok-utils-2.4.0-4.fc15.x86_64
    1:autocorr-en-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with 1:autocorr-en-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.noarch
    bash-4.2.10-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with bash-4.2.8-2.fc15.x86_64
    32:bind-libs-9.8.0-3.P1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 32:bind-libs-9.8.0-2.fc15.x86_64
    32:bind-license-9.8.0-3.P1.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with 32:bind-license-9.8.0-2.fc15.noarch
    bluedevil-1.1-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with bluedevil-1.0.3-1.fc15.x86_64
    bluez-4.87-5.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with bluez-4.87-3.fc15.x86_64
    bluez-libs-4.87-5.fc15.i686 is a duplicate with bluez-libs-4.87-3.fc15.x86_64
    1:control-center-filesystem-3.0.1.1-6.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:control-center-filesystem-3.0.1.1-4.fc15.x86_64
    dracut-009-9.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with dracut-009-6.fc15.noarch
    1:gdm-3.0.0-3.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:gdm-3.0.0-2.fc15.x86_64
    glibc-2.13.90-11.x86_64 is a duplicate with glibc-2.13.90-9.i686
    glibc-common-2.13.90-11.x86_64 is a duplicate with glibc-common-2.13.90-9.x86_64
    gnome-python2-applet-2.32.0-3.fc14.x86_64 has missing requires of libpanel-applet-2.so.0()(64bit)
    gnome-shell-extensions-common-3.0.1-2.b20cbagit.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with gnome-shell-extensions-common-3.0.1-1.f016b9git.fc15.noarch
    iproute-2.6.38.1-4.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with iproute-2.6.38.1-3.fc15.x86_64
    iso-codes-3.25.1-1.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with iso-codes-3.25-1.fc15.noarch
    jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.7-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.7-1.fc15.x86_64
    libblkid-2.19.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libblkid-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    libbluedevil-1.9-0.1.20110502git.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libbluedevil-1.8.1-1.fc15.x86_64
    libmount-2.19.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with libmount-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    libpanelappletmm-2.26.0-2.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of libpanel-applet-2.so.0()(64bit)
    libproxy-0.4.7-0.1svn20110412.fc15.i686 is a duplicate with libproxy-0.4.6-4.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-base-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-base-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-calc-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-calc-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-core-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-core-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-impress-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-impress-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-langpack-en-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-langpack-en-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-opensymbol-fonts-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-opensymbol-fonts-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.noarch
    1:libreoffice-presenter-screen-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-presenter-screen-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-ure-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-ure-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    1:libreoffice-writer-3.3.2.2-7.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:libreoffice-writer-3.3.2.2-6.fc15.x86_64
    libuuid-2.19.1-1.fc15.i686 is a duplicate with libuuid-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    ntpdate-4.2.6p3-4.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with ntpdate-4.2.6p3-3.fc15.x86_64
    poppler-0.16.5-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with poppler-0.16.4-1.fc15.x86_64
    poppler-glib-0.16.5-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with poppler-glib-0.16.4-1.fc15.x86_64
    pygobject2-2.28.4-2.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with pygobject2-2.28.3-1.fc15.x86_64
    selinux-policy-3.9.16-23.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with selinux-policy-3.9.16-21.fc15.noarch
    selinux-policy-targeted-3.9.16-23.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with selinux-policy-targeted-3.9.16-21.fc15.noarch
    systemd-units-26-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with systemd-units-25-1.fc15.x86_64
    1:tcl-8.5.9-3.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with 1:tcl-8.5.9-2.fc15.x86_64
    upower-0.9.10-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with upower-0.9.9-1.fc15.x86_64
    util-linux-2.19.1-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with util-linux-2.19-4.fc15.x86_64
    wine-common-1.3.19-1.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with wine-common-1.3.18-1.fc15.noarch
    wine-core-1.3.19-1.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with wine-core-1.3.18-1.fc15.x86_64
    xdg-utils-1.1.0-0.6.20110505.fc15.noarch is a duplicate with xdg-utils-1.1.0-0.4.20110408.fc15.noarch
    xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.10.1-14.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.10.1-11.fc15.x86_64
    xorg-x11-server-common-1.10.1-14.fc15.x86_64 is a duplicate with xorg-x11-server-common-1.10.1-11.fc15.x86_64
    I think the problem has to do with the shutdown when I started to update.
    Yes I looked thru the bugs; but I couldn't find anything useful for me.
    Lots of good stuff

    Try the following [as an example]

    rpm -aq | grep PackageKit |sort

    Then look at the output or post it. See if there are 2 versions of the same rpm package showing as installed?

    I think, although I can't test it at the moment, that

    rpm -aq |sort | uniq --all-repeated

    should list all the duplicates

    If so, then select the newest one (not the older one) and do the following:

    yum remove PackageKit-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64

    If you have multiple versions of the same package installed, you want to remove the Newest ones. Once that is complete.

    yum clean all

    yum check-update

    And it should work .....
    Registered Linux User: #384977
    .................................................. ............
    See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    71

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    many thanks: The first output: rpm -aq | grep PackageKit |sort
    PackageKit-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-command-not-found-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-device-rebind-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-glib-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-glib-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-gtk3-module-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-gtk-module-0.6.14-2.fc15.i686
    PackageKit-gtk-module-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-qt-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-yum-0.6.13-1.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-yum-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64
    PackageKit-yum-plugin-0.6.14-2.fc15.x86_64

    with
    rpm -aq |sort | uniq --all-repeated

    I didn't get any results.

    My fear is, that because of dependencies I will remove some packages I need.
    Last edited by cheesie; 12th May 2011 at 10:32 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    71

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib/duplicates

    Hi I found this:

    su
    yum install yum-utils
    [...]
    package-cleanup --cleandupes


    see here: http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52758

    But it would remove a lot of packages:

    List of Packages http://db.tt/YYkEJhO


    Transaction Summary
    ================================================== ================================================== =================================================
    Remove 278 Package(s)

    Installed size: 1.2 G

    Some I need for sure; for instance packages for the Canon Printer
    I installed the 64bit version.
    Last edited by cheesie; 12th May 2011 at 06:57 PM.

  10. #10
    Seve's Avatar
    Seve is offline Retired Community Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The GTA, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    60
    Posts
    12,371

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib/duplicates

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesie
    Hi I found this:

    su
    yum install yum-utils
    [...]
    package-cleanup --cleandupes


    see here: http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52758

    But it would remove a lot of packages:

    List of Packages http://db.tt/YYkEJhO


    Transaction Summary
    ================================================== ================================================== =================================================
    Remove 278 Package(s)

    Installed size: 1.2 G

    Some I need for sure; for instance packages for the Canon Printer
    I installed the 64bit version.
    Yes it will remove a lot of packages and for the most part likely render your system unusable.

    Unfortunately, I know of not other way of removing the duplicate packages other than by hand and more or less one at a time.

    Open 2 terminals as root and use one to list the duplicates and the other for copy and paste yum remove xxxxxx

    You can also use the

    rpm -e --nodeps xxxxx

    (although it's a last resort) as it will not take any dependencies with it - so be careful.
    Registered Linux User: #384977
    .................................................. ............
    See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    stop everything and don't do any of the above =)

    To fix the dupes, do this:

    rpm -e --noscripts --justdb (old_package)

    that tells rpm to 'remove' the package, but not to actually delete any files or run any scripts. effectively it just deletes the entry from rpm's database.

    For the multilib-protected thing, this happens because we pulled some packages into the RC1 image that aren't on the mirrors yet. If you find the latest version in koji and update both 32-bit and 64-bit to that version simultaneously, manually, it should work, and then you can get a yum operation through. Or you can just wait until they make it to mirrors.
    Adam Williamson | awilliam AT redhat DOT com
    Fedora QA Community Monkey
    IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
    http://www.happyassassin.net

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    71

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    Hi; thanks a lot; before I've seen your post; I did the following (maybe a thilly thing)

    rpm -e --nodeps glibc-2.13.90-9.i686

    So I was able to remove the only package I couldn't install. Hopefully there are updates coming (I am still with kernel 2.6.38.5-24.fc15.x86_64) and I can test or reinstall Fedora 15.

    For the dupes: Either I don't understand the command or there is something wrong:
    bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

    Finally, I like Gnome 3 and thanks a lot for the help.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    don't type (old_package) , type the name of the specific package you're removing; you need to re-do that command for each package.
    Adam Williamson | awilliam AT redhat DOT com
    Fedora QA Community Monkey
    IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
    http://www.happyassassin.net

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    but honestly, it sounds like your system is now so screwed up it may be better to just re-install.
    Adam Williamson | awilliam AT redhat DOT com
    Fedora QA Community Monkey
    IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
    http://www.happyassassin.net

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    71

    Re: dependencies resolution errors: multilib

    thanks; Reinstall? I'm waiting for a newer cd image than beta.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to build multilib RPM package in X86-64
    By helloworld1 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th December 2009, 08:47 PM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 25th December 2007, 01:36 PM
  3. Fedora 7 multilib.
    By Thetargos in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th June 2007, 10:35 AM
  4. NVIDIA Livna driver and multilib.
    By Thetargos in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th March 2007, 05:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •