Fedora ranking pulled ahead of Ubuntu
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fedora ranking pulled ahead of Ubuntu

For the first time that I can remember, the Distrowatch Page Hit Rankings show Fedora ahead of Ubuntu over the past month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Fedora ranking pulled ahead of Ubuntu

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LAPTOP HCL ME B3863 @Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20 GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 HDD,GeForce 8200M G (GPU 0),GRAPHICS BY NVIDIA
    Fedora Release 14 ,Kernel Linux 2.6.35.6-48.fc14.x86_64,GNOME 2.32.0 NVIDIA DRIVER VERSION: 260.19.12

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont put much stock in those figures,anyway i think its always been the os thats the easiest to use, is usually at the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tis true, every time a new release, whether is is Fedora , Ubuntu, Suse it will go straight to the top ranking for a little while then drop back down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with that, but wonder if it is partially to do with people swapping from ubuntu to mint. I've known a number of people do that recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adunaic
    I would agree with that, but wonder if it is partially to do with people swapping from ubuntu to mint. I've known a number of people do that recently.
    That might explain why the Mint site is offline today
    I used to miss my wife but then my aim improved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is that's a temporary popularity (on DistroWatch). You just can't compete with that Shuttleworth and his money. I know my friend gets Ubuntu in stacks from university in Austria. Only (?) way is to keep Fedora developer friendly and fight our way in universities.
    You think you're so smart, don't ya?

wolfen69 Guest

Meh.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Kinda looks like that may be a factor.

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1591

Plus, I have a lot of global readers, running real-time "google alerts" for my handles and posts.. those who want more new input, in a world and culture that's gone stale and dormant... Seems google makes pages of my posts instantly... I give people new stuff.. but just a trickle.. too much all at once would make their brains heat-up and smoke.. and I can't give them dangerous stuff that they would hurt themselves with by abusing it...

I've been bitching about the horrendous abuse I got from mint and ubuntu forums and their poisoned downloads, which wrecked my PC's way too many times... Plus I've been dishing nothing but praise for Fedora... Fedora is definitely numero-uno... I probably helped the Fedora project by at least 1% with all my yapping... Fedora is the Best of the Best... Fedora is built on love... Fedora has a "soul"...
    Last edited by LittleOne; 17th November 2010 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<....>

Uhm ... I ain't gonna touch that one with a ten foot pole.

<....>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that a lot... I met a young "Bigfoot lass" in the forest.. The little bugger pressed a finger on my neck, and every muscle went offline, for 8-excruciating hours... I wrote it up as good as I could, and sent the first chapter to 40 publishers... A lot of them mentioned "ten foot poles" too...

In this case, your right, but "ten footer" is still way too close... Touch it, and your inbox would fill-up with what mine gets polluted with daily... Best to pretend you didn't read it...

So how far ahead is Fedora from "winadose prints & scratches all over the screen, OS"..?

Me thinks Fedora is the only OS that doesn't harbour, nor dish-out, any greed, hate, nor pain...
    Fedora doesn't "fight" you on the screen like all the others do.. some worse than others...
    Fedora seems to "breathe" with you, like a finely tuned machine...

Eventually the millions who have had enough of the thht from the money-world will checkout Fedora, and love it... I'm guessing Fedora will slip past winadose within 3-years, and in 11-years will be the top OS globally, whilst a dead company's more aggressive corporate staff are squabbling over who gets the furniture, the computers, the windows, the doors, the roof, the coffee machines, the virus collection, and the magic mirrors.. dragging sobbing screaming parasitic peripherals down with it... I just hopes Fedora doesn't ever turn into a religion... I wonders if Fedora will ever grow so strong as to create its own internet, when forums creators evolve into internet creators..? You probably don't want to touch that one either...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm ... You're right. I don't.

I dunno guy. Somewhere and somewhen in the last few decades, my seething need to have fedora (and parenthetically ... me) take over the world and rule it with a benevolent fist -- equally endowed with iron and satin scented with rose water -- faded into the simple desire to have and use an operating system which not only did what I wanted it to, but one which I was free to tweak and contribute to.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

But ... I am also currently both hoarding canned foods and training an army of cute looking house cats to both guard the kingdom and to seek out and strike down my enemies with hideous feline efficiency. If you ever see one stalking you, know ye that you are truly done in. For they always go for the heart first.

About the rest of it? Meh. Microsoft simply will not be defeated by a single open source Linux distro endowed with such a paltry market share ... and PulseAudio.

Microsoft and their gargantuan (and unholy expensive) infrastructure shall be the cause of their own undoing, and an ample one at that. But this shant happen overnight, and likely not in my lifetime.

The simple truth of the matter is, fedora is a FOSS community built and supported operating system. No more, no less. And any social/business/global upheaval powerful enough to put an end to the likes of Microsoft and the internet will not leave much of an infrastructure behind it to build a new internet on.

And regarding the tales of the strange and rejected ... try losing the perpendicular pronoun, develop a plot and some interesting characters, and have another go at it. Rejection slips are no more than an invitation to try again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleOne
    I get that a lot... I met a young "Bigfoot lass" in the forest.. The little bugger pressed a finger on my neck, and every muscle went offline, for 8-excruciating hours... I wrote it up as good as I could, and sent the first chapter to 40 publishers... A lot of them mentioned "ten foot poles" too...

In this case, your right, but "ten footer" is still way too close... Touch it, and your inbox would fill-up with what mine gets polluted with daily... Best to pretend you didn't read it...

So how far ahead is Fedora from "winadose prints & scratches all over the screen, OS"..?

Me thinks Fedora is the only OS that doesn't harbour, nor dish-out, any greed, hate, nor pain...
    Fedora doesn't "fight" you on the screen like all the others do.. some worse than others...
    Fedora seems to "breathe" with you, like a finely tuned machine...

Eventually the millions who have had enough of the thht from the money-world will checkout Fedora, and love it... I'm guessing Fedora will slip past winadose within 3-years, and in 11-years will be the top OS globally, whilst a dead company's more aggressive corporate staff are squabbling over who gets the furniture, the computers, the windows, the doors, the roof, the coffee machines, the virus collection, and the magic mirrors.. dragging sobbing screaming parasitic peripherals down with it... I just hopes Fedora doesn't ever turn into a religion... I wonders if Fedora will ever grow so strong as to create its own internet, when forums creators evolve into internet creators..? You probably don't want to touch that one either...
    I don't see that happening any time soon. Windows is way too user friendly, although buggy, corporate, and closed, to ever let any of the Linux distros surpass it. 99% of the computer users out there do not want to have to read a manual to learn how to operate their system, nor do they want to have to figure out how to get the OS to do things that Windows naturally does, like play DVDs, videos, or even MP3s.

No, we will always be a minority. 10 years from now, there will be many more Linux users out there, but we will still be in the 1 or 2% minority.

Just my opinion, though.
    Last edited by jroa1; 18th November 2010 at 02:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stand by my prediction... Lets put some value on it.. yours vrs mine.. If Windows isn't gone thht in 14 years you get my best computer free, or I get yours if Windows went thht by then...

I hopes you build your PC's.. Don't forgets top of the line sound and video cards... And a black case.. I like black cases...
    Last edited by LittleOne; 18th November 2010 at 03:12 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast