The problem of Bluetooth is still version 13
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem of Bluetooth is still version 13

Hello, it appears that the problem of Bluetooth which I suffer of them in version 12 is still in version 13, where I've upgraded and there are still problem

Bluetooth was working version 12 (before update)
    I was hoping that the problem is resolved version 13 but still problem I've had

Bluetooth is connected to usb , but the computer does not recognize
    Click on the button enable

Many suffer from a problem, but I can not find a solution
    Registered Linux User # 492474

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The problem of Bluetooth is still version 13

uppppppppp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

up ........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's Up, doc?

Sorry, I cannot help myself

You remind me that I also have a bluetooth USB dongle. I have not tried it on any of Fedoras that I have installed in the past. So, this is the result of my first try to attach it to my PC which is currently running F13. The notification panel shows the bluetooth icon and it says it is enabled! It did not take me more than five minutes to figure out how to pair my PC with my Nokia phone. I enable the PC to receive files over bluetooth and got all my photos sent over from Nokia to my download folder.

I did install a lot of packages after post installation, not sure is it because one of the package that I install later that makes the difference or not. I show what I have in my PC for your comparison.

Code:
    [weitjong@icecastle ~]$ lsusb |grep -i bluetooth
    Bus 001 Device 013: ID 0a5c:200a Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth dongle
    My dongle is being detected.

Code:
    [weitjong@icecastle ~]$ lsmod |grep -i bluetooth
    bluetooth              87181  9 rfcomm,sco,bnep,l2cap,btusb
    rfkill                 16402  3 bluetooth
    Fedora loads the kernel module automatically

Code:
    [weitjong@icecastle ~]$ yum list \*blue\*
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit
    Installed Packages
    bluez.x86_64                                                                  4.64-1.fc13                                          @updates                                      
    bluez-alsa.x86_64                                                             4.64-1.fc13                                          @updates                                      
    bluez-cups.x86_64                                                             4.64-1.fc13                                          @updates                                      
    bluez-gstreamer.x86_64                                                        4.64-1.fc13                                          @updates                                      
    bluez-hcidump.x86_64                                                          1.42-4.fc12                                          @fedora                                       
    bluez-libs.x86_64                                                             4.64-1.fc13                                          @updates                                      
    gnome-bluetooth.x86_64                                                        2.30.0-1.fc13                                        @anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130101.x86_64
    gnome-bluetooth-libs.x86_64                                                   2.30.0-1.fc13                                        @anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130101.x86_64
    pulseaudio-module-bluetooth.x86_64                                            0.9.21-6.fc13                                        @anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130101.x86_64
    Packages I installed that have something to do with bluetooth.

Hope this help.
    Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my laptop the bluetooth is not recognized when I boot (running lspci shows nothing), but if I press the keyboard shortcut to enable/disable it (Fn+F3 in my laptop) it appears and it works (and lspci shows it). I have bluetooth configured to be enabled when I start, but for some reason it is not recognized until I press Fn+F3 (this didn't happen in previous versions, and it doesn't happen in other distros). If you have any hardware way of enabling/disabling the bluetooth maybe you can give it a try...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also double check that your bluetooth service is up and running.
    Leave no window unbroken ♪ (^。^) 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MuadNu
    In my laptop the bluetooth is not recognized when I boot (running lspci shows nothing), but if I press the keyboard shortcut to enable/disable it (Fn+F3 in my laptop) it appears and it works (and lspci shows it). I have bluetooth configured to be enabled when I start, but for some reason it is not recognized until I press Fn+F3 (this didn't happen in previous versions, and it doesn't happen in other distros). If you have any hardware way of enabling/disabling the bluetooth maybe you can give it a try...
    Thanks for this suggestion MuadNu. Not only did it enable F13 to correctly enable my bluetooth mouse, it seems to have fixed it such that the mouse is now correctly detected at boot, with no need to use the hardware switch each time.

For anyone interested, the installation was on a Sony Vaio VGN-Z820G/B and with the exception of getting the built-in bluetooth to detect the mouse (now fixed thanks to this suggestion), everything else seems to have gone well. The exact error message I got when originally trying to connect the mouse was "Sorry your Bluetooth Device does not support Input Service". Apparently it does...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by parish
    Thanks for this suggestion MuadNu. Not only did it enable F13 to correctly enable my bluetooth mouse, it seems to have fixed it such that the mouse is now correctly detected at boot, with no need to use the hardware switch each time.

For anyone interested, the installation was on a Sony Vaio VGN-Z820G/B and with the exception of getting the built-in bluetooth to detect the mouse (now fixed thanks to this suggestion), everything else seems to have gone well. The exact error message I got when originally trying to connect the mouse was "Sorry your Bluetooth Device does not support Input Service". Apparently it does...
    So after using the hardware switch, F13 recognized it, and now you don't need to ever switch it back on? If I understood that correctly, then you got lucky, since that's not what happens in my case (I need to enable every time I turn my laptop on). But I'm happy you got it fixed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MuadNu
    So after using the hardware switch, F13 recognized it, and now you don't need to ever switch it back on? If I understood that correctly, then you got lucky, since that's not what happens in my case (I need to enable every time I turn my laptop on). But I'm happy you got it fixed!
    Yes, that is more or less correct, but let me clarify...

After toggling the hardware switch the first time, that is turning the hardware switch off and then back on, F13 was able to connect to my mouse (using the KBluetooth device manager), and the connection is now re-established automatically at boot time.

Also, JFYI, this is using the KDE/KDM environment.