nss update failed
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, FR
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    nss update failed

    I am running Fedora 12 on an Asus M70Vn laptop computer and I have just installed the 100 updates or so that were available.

    Three updates remain, which are related to Network Security Services. These updates could not install. If I try to install them, I get a "no transaction to process" error.

    Please refer to the attached picture for details of versions.

    What do you think I should do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error.png 
Views:	376 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	19223  
    :) Fedora 15 :)

  2. #2
    leigh123linux Guest

    Re: nss update failed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobashira
    I am running Fedora 12 on an Asus M70Vn laptop computer and I have just installed the 100 updates or so that were available.

    Three updates remain, which are related to Network Security Services. These updates could not install. If I try to install them, I get a "no transaction to process" error.

    Please refer to the attached picture for details of versions.

    What do you think I should do?

    Use yum instead

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool problem in updating

    i wanted to update but i cant
    i put it in pastebin ...can someone help me please ?

  4. #4
    leigh123linux Guest

    Re: problem in updating

    Try


    Code:
    su
    yum update nss-util --enablerepo=u*g

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: problem in updating

    thank you very much...
    it worked .. but this what do it in my system ? ( to know a lil bit the fedora)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, FR
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: nss update failed

    Thank you for your help.

    # yum update nss gives me the following missing dependency errors:

    Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
    Setting up Update Process
    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    --> Processing Dependency: nss = 3.12.5-8.fc12 for package: nss-sysinit-3.12.5-8.fc12.i686
    --> Processing Dependency: nss = 3.12.5-8.fc12 for package: nss-tools-3.12.5-8.fc12.i686
    ---> Package nss.i686 0:3.12.6-1.2.fc12 set to be updated
    --> Processing Dependency: nss-util = 3.12.6 for package: nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686
    --> Processing Dependency: nspr >= 4.8.4 for package: nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package nss.i686 0:3.12.6-1.2.fc12 set to be updated
    --> Processing Dependency: nss-util = 3.12.6 for package: nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686
    --> Processing Dependency: nspr >= 4.8.4 for package: nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686
    ---> Package nss-sysinit.i686 0:3.12.6-1.2.fc12 set to be updated
    ---> Package nss-tools.i686 0:3.12.6-1.2.fc12 set to be updated
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 from updates has depsolving problems
    --> Missing Dependency: nspr >= 4.8.4 is needed by package nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 (updates)
    nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 from updates has depsolving problems
    --> Missing Dependency: nss-util = 3.12.6 is needed by package nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 (updates)
    Error: Missing Dependency: nspr >= 4.8.4 is needed by package nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 (updates)
    Error: Missing Dependency: nss-util = 3.12.6 is needed by package nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 (updates)


    Should I do a package-cleanup --problems or package-cleanup --dupes ?
    :) Fedora 15 :)

  7. #7
    leigh123linux Guest

    Re: problem in updating

    Quote Originally Posted by jemadux
    thank you very much...
    it worked .. but this what do it in my system ? ( to know a lil bit the fedora)
    You just installed nss-util from the updates-testing repo to satisfy the broken dependencies in the updates repo.

  8. #8
    leigh123linux Guest

    Re: nss update failed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobashira
    Thank you for your help.

    # yum update nss gives me the following missing dependency errors:

    Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
    Setting up Update Process
    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    --> Processing Dependency: nss = 3.12.5-8.fc12 for package: nss-sysinit-3.12.5-8.fc12.i686
    --> Processing Dependency: nss = 3.12.5-8.fc12 for package: nss-tools-3.12.5-8.fc12.i686
    ---> Package nss.i686 0:3.12.6-1.2.fc12 set to be updated
    --> Processing Dependency: nss-util = 3.12.6 for package: nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686
    --> Processing Dependency: nspr >= 4.8.4 for package: nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package nss.i686 0:3.12.6-1.2.fc12 set to be updated
    --> Processing Dependency: nss-util = 3.12.6 for package: nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686
    --> Processing Dependency: nspr >= 4.8.4 for package: nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686
    ---> Package nss-sysinit.i686 0:3.12.6-1.2.fc12 set to be updated
    ---> Package nss-tools.i686 0:3.12.6-1.2.fc12 set to be updated
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 from updates has depsolving problems
    --> Missing Dependency: nspr >= 4.8.4 is needed by package nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 (updates)
    nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 from updates has depsolving problems
    --> Missing Dependency: nss-util = 3.12.6 is needed by package nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 (updates)
    Error: Missing Dependency: nspr >= 4.8.4 is needed by package nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 (updates)
    Error: Missing Dependency: nss-util = 3.12.6 is needed by package nss-3.12.6-1.2.fc12.i686 (updates)


    Should I do a package-cleanup --problems or package-cleanup --dupes ?

    Thread merged, use the same solution.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, FR
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: nss update failed

    It means that eventually, those dependencies will move from the updates-testing repo to the updates-repo, I suppose?
    Last edited by Hobashira; 12th March 2010 at 11:26 AM.
    :) Fedora 15 :)

  10. #10
    leigh123linux Guest

    Re: nss update failed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobashira
    It mean that eventually, those dependencies will move from the updates-testing repo to the updates-repo, I suppose?

    It will as soon as it reaches the required karma @ Bodhi



    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/upda...3e28176e7b23ba

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, FR
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: nss update failed

    Quote Originally Posted by leigh123linux
    It will as soon as it reaches the required karma @ Bodhi



    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/upda...3e28176e7b23ba
    Thank you.
    :) Fedora 15 :)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: problem in updating

    thank you leigh! a tremendous help, as always!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Transaction Error

    I have 2 available updates that will not install.

    Network security services and System NSS Initialization.

    I get the msg. Transaction error see details// in details it says no transaction to process.

    How to fix?

  14. #14
    leigh123linux Guest

    Re: Transaction Error

    Quote Originally Posted by rosswmcgee
    I have 2 available updates that will not install.

    Network security services and System NSS Initialization.

    I get the msg. Transaction error see details// in details it says no transaction to process.

    How to fix?

    Thread merged.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: nss update failed

    su
    yum update nss-util --enablerepo=u*g

    did this then ran software update//problem solved///thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. update to FC6 Failed.
    By saeedora in forum EOL (End Of Life) Versions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th January 2009, 08:37 PM
  2. yum update failed?
    By WarrenTang in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th December 2008, 02:43 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th October 2008, 10:25 AM
  4. FC7 yum update failed
    By zabolots in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th August 2007, 01:55 AM
  5. Update Failed!
    By MaegRil in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th May 2006, 05:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •