Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adobe AIR

Dell Inspiron E1505
    Fedora 12 Beta
    GNOME 2.28
    gnome-shell
    Adobe AIR 1.5.2 Installer

Adobe air worked perfectly under F11, but now, despite every technique I know and have discovered on the web, i still get that stupid error: "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

Any ideas??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting the same thing on Fedora 12 x86_64. I even copied over all the binaries from my F11 install, and they would segfault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi i found for me i needed to temp set selinux to permissive, also have you got all the deps, some of the deps in f11 were i586 which are now i686

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disable SELinux out of habbit. It's never been something I've worried about for non-production machines, it just gets in the way.

I followed the outline they provided for the packages required for an F-10 install here:
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408084.html

I installed all of those package's i686 version, and still don't have any luck. Has anybody done it on F12 yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Adobe AIR

I am using x86_64 as well...

...disabled SELinux, of course...

...did all the i686 dependencies; the only error i get (even after installing all the gtk engines i could find) is:

(setup:4347): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks",

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Quasaur
    Do you mean you got Adobe AIR running? Or it's still not installing because of the error: "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator." and additionally you're getting the module_path error?

I was able to resolve the module_path error with a gtk2 package, can't remember which one. I think I did a google search for that error, and found what rpm package it's in, and that yum install fixed that error. It's an i686 package.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasaur
    I am using x86_64 as well...

...disabled SELinux, of course...

...did all the i686 dependencies; the only error i get (even after installing all the gtk engines i could find) is:
    To fix the "clearlooks" message install gtk2-engines.i686 (you should already have gtk2-engines.x86_64 installed).
    Hardware: Dell Precision M4300 laptop, core2duo 2.4GHz (9575.30 BogoMIPS), 4GB RAM, NVidia Quadro FX 360M (512M) @ 1680x1050, 256GB SSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kai4785
    @Quasaur
    Do you mean you got Adobe AIR running? Or it's still not installing because of the error: "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator." and additionally you're getting the module_path error?

I was able to resolve the module_path error with a gtk2 package, can't remember which one. I think I did a google search for that error, and found what rpm package it's in, and that yum install fixed that error. It's an i686 package.
    The AdobeAIRInstaller.bin did NOT complete. I added the gtk2-engines.i686.
    Last edited by Quasaur; 11th November 2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: correction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am inclined to disbelieve that Dangermouse was able to install Adobe AIR. I've tried multiple machines running F12 (all x86_64) and none of them get pass that error. I'm not sure what the problem is. My 'strace' skills aren't good enough to pick through ~2Mb of strace files I get when I run the installer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kai4785
    I am inclined to disbelieve that Dangermouse was able to install Adobe AIR. I've tried multiple machines running F12 (all x86_64) and none of them get pass that error. I'm not sure what the problem is. My 'strace' skills aren't good enough to pick through ~2Mb of strace files I get when I run the installer
    There should be a debug level setting that can reduce the amount of text in the strace file.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what i can tell this seems like it is only on amd processors are you guys running amd's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse
    From what i can tell this seems like it is only on amd processors are you guys running amd's
    Nope...I'm running an Intel Core 2 Duo.
    Last edited by Quasaur; 11th November 2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adobe Air seems broken on both 32bit and 64bit in F12 (Intel or amd irrelevant)

The installer does complete on 32bit, and you can hack it (see below) on x86_64 but I get the same crash log on both platforms when trying to install an air app afterwards.

To install Adobe AIR on x86_64 Fedora 12 (EDIT: see post 20 )
    ======================================

sudo yum install gtk2-devel.i686 nss.i686 libxml2-devel.i686 libxslt.i686 gnome-keyring.i686 rpm-devel.i686 alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686 PackageKit-gtk-module.i686 libXt.i686 gtk2-engines.i686 libcanberra-gtk2.i686
    Code:
    chmod u+x Downloads/AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    sudo setenforce 0
    sudo Downloads/AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    click "I Agree", then wait for the error dialog - DO NOT CLOSE!

Code:
    su -
    cp -r /tmp/air.*/build/opt/Adobe\ AIR /opt
    cp -r /tmp/air.*/Certs/* /
    cp -r /tmp/air.*/Certs /
    (use tab completion to get the actual name of the /tmp/air.* directory)
    Now you can close the AIR Installer error window.

But if you now try to install an *.air app I always get a SIGSEGV with the same trace on both 32bit and 64bit

Code:
    sudo /opt/Adobe\ AIR/Versions/1.0/airappinstaller /home/liveuser/Downloads/TweetDeck_0_31.3.air 
    Application crashed with an unhandled SIGSEGV
    Crashlog has been dumped in /tmp/airCrashLogs/1112_1042_HmGdmj
    The crash trace always ends in libCore at the same place:

/opt/Adobe AIR/Versions/1.0/libCore.so(+0x2ea3ba) [0x128d3ba]
    /opt/Adobe AIR/Versions/1.0/libCore.so(+0x2de565) [0x1281565]
    [0xfa2410]
    /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2(xmlHasProp+0x27) [0x2dd8ae7]
    /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2(xmlGetProp+0x19) [0x2dd95f9]
    /usr/lib/libadobecertstore.so(+0xf345) [0xe08345]
    /usr/lib/libadobecertstore.so(+0xf7db) [0xe087db]
    /usr/lib/libadobecertstore.so(AUCS_GetCertificateList+0x29) [0xe08727]
    /opt/Adobe AIR/Versions/1.0/libCore.so(+0x4a937c) [0x144c37c]

Anyone have success with adobe air appinstaller in either 32bit or 64bit?

This works in Fedora 11 (x86_64 and x86) so we just need to track down which library is the culprit in F12.

Bump: btw, I did all the above from a freash live session in x86_64 LiveCD, (it only takes a few minutes to set up), and from a full install on a hard disk of F12 i686.

same crash logs when running airinstaller on both platforms. So if someone is good at debugging and can trace the call causing the sigsegv we might solve this. My guess is it's in crypt libs somewhere, so i might try manually replacing the F12 libs with f11 ones, one at a time to see if it can be fixed (when I get time), since live sessions can be dumped if I bork it

great honor awaits anyone who can solve this, as the error occurs on ubuntu and other platforms, and doesn't look like it's been resolved there either

Bump: Just an update to say Adobe AIR wil run in i686 Fedora 12, even with selinux enabled (once the security contexts of the various apps are changed), so in theory it should just be a question of getting all the i686 libs installed in x86_64.

Problem is, unlike in F11, I had to do some fiddly stuff like above, and delete the /etc/opt/Adobe AIR/AIR Applications/1.0/certificates directory at a crucial stage after installing which I can't now reproduce. I fiddled with it for a bit and can now install air apps as root no problem, it chucks out a message about not parsing the certificates/crypt/config.xml file but the airinstaller completes succesfully. I tested on Tweetdeck and Thwirl.

Will play with x86_64 when I have more time, just letting you know it should be possible (looks like the crypt stuff with certificates is causing the extra problems in F12)

Bump: All my replies are being concatenated into "Bump" messages, not sure why

Bump:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tweetdeck_f12.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	18430  
    Last edited by Gödel; 12th November 2009 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm impressed, I've never been able to get tweetdeck to run on Linux. Going to watch this thread to see what develops. There are 2 adobe.air based apps that I use for business, Getting them to run on Fedora would get me M$ free again.
    Registered Linux User #348347
    Have you been seduced by siduction? http://siduction.org/index.php
    Running Fedora 19/20, siduction and openSUSE 13.1 with KDE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi try this then try to install your apps
    su
    echo "0" >/selinux/enforce
    mv /etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/crypt /etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/crypt_bkp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-1.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	18433  
    Last edited by Dangermouse; 12th November 2009 at 06:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast