FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Exclamation Fedora 10 Install problem

I have installed from the dvd however Anaconda did not load and the install was carried out in the blue screen text installer. the problem is however after rebooting after install a prompt screen confronts me asking for a login and password after supplying with user name root and the passwords i choose in the setup the OS still does not boot. i have read through
    http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f10/en_US/

and

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Insta...10-99413.shtml

the computer this is been installed on is the dell XPS studio 13

Thanks

If you install in text mode, then Fedora will also boot in text mode by default.
    If it asks you for username and password, then Linux has already booted. What happens after you have given the password?

it stays in text and i can type in text like setup and i get the blue screen text with system servies time zone setup keyboard setup authentication configuration and firewall.

So, the system is installed correctly and it's working. If you want to use the GUI you need to install suitable drivers for your graphics card. Looks like your machine uses Nvidia graphics, see the Fedora FAQ for instructions.

Check your run level as well. Maybe your default runlevel is 3 and it should be 5 for GUI. This is located in /etc/inittab.

Look for entry:
    id:5:initdefault:

I have an Nvidia graphic card, a new G-force, and Fedora went in fine with the GUI. Perhaps you got a bad download, or a bad burn? I would try it again and see if it still happens. Don't feel bad, we all have ran into problems before with Fedora, but it's like a drug, and I am an addict.

hi thanks both for the help it has given me some things to check out been a bit difficult been new to linux. I have managed to determine that the graphics drives do need to be installed however i cannot get the internet connection running in network manager any help on this would be greatly appreciated