FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

ctrl+x sometimes doesn't work?

When I am using Nautilus to move files around, I will often select files with the mouse, hit ctrl+x, then go to a different directory, and hit ctrl+v to paste. This only works about 90% of the time - the rest of the time when I go to paste, nothing happens. I'll have to go back and select those files and right click and click cut before they actually get cut.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks,

David

i have this problem on kde with f9. if i mark some text, i sometimes have to press ctrl+x (or ctrl+c) 2 or 3 times until the text gets cut or copied...
    Last edited by newiLuvatar; 15th January 2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: more info

I am using gnome (F10). Is this a "known issue" or do we need to file a bug or something?

Did you by any chance close the Nautilus window before you do your "paste"? I don't know if this is still the case (I haven't tried lately) but it used to be that if you close the program you made the "cut" or "copy" in before you do your "paste", Fedora/Linux would forget your "cut" or "copy". Very annoying because cut and paste is such a basic and important feature.

Yea, maybe not closed the window, but I may have navigated to a different folder - which seems even more ridiculous that it would forget the cut....