Ok, I give up, how does one remove a repo?
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    popatopalous Guest

Ok, I give up, how does one remove a repo? SLOVED

In fresh install of Fedora 10 preview x86_64 I mistakenly added rpmfusion free repo instead of rpmfusion free rawhide repo. I used 'rm -rf' to remove the files from '/etc/yum.repos.d'. That's because I can't find in yumex or 'yum --help' any way to remove a repo. But if I try to install the rpmfusion rawhide repo I get:

Code:
    # rpm -ivh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm
    Retrieving http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm
    warning: /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.ikeD2j: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 49c8885a
    Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
            file /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-rawhide.repo from install of rpmfusion-free-release-9.90-5.noarch conflicts with file from package rpmfusion-free-release-8-5.noarch
            file /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates-testing.repo from install of rpmfusion-free-release-9.90-5.noarch conflicts with file from package rpmfusion-free-release-8-5.noarch
            file /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates.repo from install of rpmfusion-free-release-9.90-5.noarch conflicts with file from package rpmfusion-free-release-8-5.noarch
            file /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free.repo from install of rpmfusion-free-release-9.90-5.noarch conflicts with file from package rpmfusion-free-release-8-5.noarch
    What am I doing wrong? Is there a secret hand shake required?

Edit:
    Code:
    # yum repolist
    Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
    repo id              repo name                                status
    nvidia               nvidia repository                        enabled :       2
    rawhide              Fedora - Rawhide - Developmental package enabled :  14,305
    repolist: 14,307
    Code:
    # cd /etc/yum.repos.d
    # ls
    fedora-rawhide.repo  fedora.repo  fedora-updates.repo  fedora-updates-testing.repo  nvidia.repo
    Huh?
    Last edited by popatopalous; 9th November 2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: More info

Demz Guest
    just go into i think its Software Sources an tick the rawhide one an untick the others you dont want

popatopalous Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Demz
    just go into i think its Software Sources an tick the rawhide one an untick the others you dont want
    Thanks, I should have mentioned that I'm in KDE4 and don't have Gnome installed. In KDE4>KMenu>Applications>System>Software Management [which is KPackageKit] there are no repos listed at all.

Demz Guest
    well i'll stay out of this one since i dont use KDE, but there should be a ( Software Sources ) in KDE? as well as Kpackagekit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can always edit the repo file
    change the line
    enable = 1 to enable = 0
    1 is on
    0 is off
    OpenSUSE 13.2-64bit & Scientific Linux 6.6-64bit ( fedora 4 to 11) and 20 on KVM
    My Celestia Downloads

h t t p ://celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/show_creator_details.php?creator_id=10

popatopalous Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Demz
    well i'll stay out of this one since i dont use KDE, but there should be a ( Software Sources ) in KDE? as well as Kpackagekit
    No menu entry. What is the command for cli for 'software sources'?

popatopalous Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnVV
    you can always edit the repo file
    change the line
    enable = 1 to enable = 0
    1 is on
    0 is off
    What is the exact name of the repo file???

popatopalous Guest
    Allow me to redefine the problem.

Code:
    [root@localhost ~]# cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
    [root@localhost yum.repos.d]# ls
    fedora-rawhide.repo  fedora-updates-testing.repo  nvidia.repo
    [root@localhost ~]# cd /var/cache/yum/
    [root@localhost yum]# ls
    nvidia  packagekit-groups.sqlite  rawhide
    Code:
    [root@localhost yum.repos.d]# rpm -ivh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm
    Retrieving http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm
    warning: /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.RrDEKH: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 49c8885a
    Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
            file /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-rawhide.repo from install of rpmfusion-free-release-9.90-5.noarch conflicts with file from package rpmfusion-free-release-8-5.noarch
            file /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates-testing.repo from install of rpmfusion-free-release-9.90-5.noarch conflicts with file from package rpmfusion-free-release-8-5.noarch
            file /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates.repo from install of rpmfusion-free-release-9.90-5.noarch conflicts with file from package rpmfusion-free-release-8-5.noarch
            file /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free.repo from install of rpmfusion-free-release-9.90-5.noarch conflicts with file from package rpmfusion-free-release-8-5.noarch
    It's calling a conflict for files that are alledgedly not there in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you may have uninstalled it but "rpm" still thinks it is there
    try
    Code:
    yum clean all
    rpm --rebuilddb

to remove rpmfusion-free-release
    Code:
    rpm -qa | grep rpmfusion
    -- copy the name  " rpmfusion-free-release-9-11" or the name for fedora 10 
     yum remove  rpmfusion-free-release-9-11
    OpenSUSE 13.2-64bit & Scientific Linux 6.6-64bit ( fedora 4 to 11) and 20 on KVM
    My Celestia Downloads

h t t p ://celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/show_creator_details.php?creator_id=10

popatopalous Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnVV
    you may have uninstalled it but "rpm" still thinks it is there
    try
    Code:
    yum clean all
    rpm --rebuilddb

to remove rpmfusion-free-release
    Code:
    rpm -qa | grep rpmfusion
    -- copy the name  " rpmfusion-free-release-9-11" or the name for fedora 10 
     yum remove  rpmfusion-free-release-9-11
    Ah, ha!!!

Code:
    [root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep rpmfusion                                                                  
    rpmfusion-free-release-8-5.noarch                                                                             
    [root@localhost ~]# yum remove rpmfusion-free-release-8-5.noarch                                              
    Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit                                                                            
    Setting up Remove Process                                                                                     
    Resolving Dependencies                                                                                        
    --> Running transaction check                                                                                 
    ---> Package rpmfusion-free-release.noarch 0:8-5 set to be erased                                             
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution 
    Hey thanks JohnVV. I haven't used Fedora for a while and well some things have changed and others were forgotten. Making progress now thanks to you.