compiz-0.8.5 repo for F10, F11 & F12 + guide for the official fedora packages - Page 104
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 104 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2252
  1. #1546
    Demz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh123@linux
    I haven't had much free time lately so I haven't completed the F10 0.7.9 build ( 0.7.9 F10 x86_64 is available from fusion-testing )
    you got plenty of time to do it, ..anyway im gonna head off to bed.. so night

  2. #1547
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    296
    I meant to say that I've been using the latest compiz at home last night and today at work and that it worked fine

  3. #1548
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17
    I noticed that I'm not receiving any updates from your fusion repo
    I tried to tell yum to makecache
    and got this
    Code:
    http://repo.kinitron.net/pub/fedora/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://mirror.thegamingkid.com/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.lordmorgul.net/pub/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://repo.kinitron.net/pub/fedora/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://mirror.thegamingkid.com/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.lordmorgul.net/pub/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: failure: repodata/other.sqlite.bz2 from fusion: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
    but when I replaced mirrorlist with baseurl it worked
    Code:
    #mirrorlist=http://www.linux-ati-drivers.homecall.co.uk/mirror-f$releasever-$basearch
    baseurl=http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion/$releasever/$basearch/
    please review the list of mirrors generated by http://www.linux-ati-drivers.homecall.co.uk/mirror-f$releasever-$basearch

  4. #1549
    leigh123linux Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alsadi
    I noticed that I'm not receiving any updates from your fusion repo
    I tried to tell yum to makecache
    and got this
    Code:
    http://repo.kinitron.net/pub/fedora/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://mirror.thegamingkid.com/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.lordmorgul.net/pub/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://repo.kinitron.net/pub/fedora/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://mirror.thegamingkid.com/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.lordmorgul.net/pub/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: failure: repodata/other.sqlite.bz2 from fusion: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
    but when I replaced mirrorlist with baseurl it worked
    Code:
    #mirrorlist=http://www.linux-ati-drivers.homecall.co.uk/mirror-f$releasever-$basearch
    baseurl=http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion/$releasever/$basearch/
    please review the list of mirrors generated by http://www.linux-ati-drivers.homecall.co.uk/mirror-f$releasever-$basearch


    The problem is your end . , if it was the mirror list you wouldn't get redirected to the mirrors .


    mirror-f9-i386

    http://www.linux-ati-drivers.homecal...mirror-f9-i386

    Code:
    http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion/9/i386/
    http://www.lordmorgul.net/pub/compiz/fusion/9/i386/
    http://mirror.thegamingkid.com/compiz/fusion/9/i386/
    http://repo.kinitron.net/pub/fedora/9/i386/
    Last edited by leigh123linux; 4th October 2008 at 04:03 PM.

  5. #1550
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by alsadi
    I noticed that I'm not receiving any updates from your fusion repo
    I tried to tell yum to makecache
    and got this
    Code:
    http://repo.kinitron.net/pub/fedora/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://mirror.thegamingkid.com/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.lordmorgul.net/pub/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://repo.kinitron.net/pub/fedora/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://mirror.thegamingkid.com/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    other.sqlite.bz2                                                                           | 7.3 kB     00:00     
    http://www.lordmorgul.net/pub/compiz/fusion/9/i386/repodata/other.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: failure: repodata/other.sqlite.bz2 from fusion: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
    but when I replaced mirrorlist with baseurl it worked
    Code:
    #mirrorlist=http://www.linux-ati-drivers.homecall.co.uk/mirror-f$releasever-$basearch
    baseurl=http://www.dfm.uninsubria.it/compiz/fusion/$releasever/$basearch/
    please review the list of mirrors generated by http://www.linux-ati-drivers.homecall.co.uk/mirror-f$releasever-$basearch

    i got the same problem yesterday and today works fine i think it was a isp or somthign relates to my adsl speed
    Last edited by diedo; 13th October 2008 at 11:55 AM.

  6. #1551
    JN4OldSchool is offline "Sean The Terrible" -- The forum(er) Vista® rep
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,819
    Hi Leigh,

    Where did you get the spider and snake .obj files? I have the Tardis model from their forum, and will eventually import the JN4 Jenny I built for xplane from the other computer but just wondered where you got your models?

  7. #1552
    leigh123linux Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JN4OldSchool
    Hi Leigh,

    Where did you get the spider and snake .obj files? I have the Tardis model from their forum, and will eventually import the JN4 Jenny I built for xplane from the other computer but just wondered where you got your models?

    I got them from the compiz-fusion forum but the links are no longer there.
    I have uploaded my copies .

    http://www.4shared.com/file/67262115...antulatar.html

    http://www.4shared.com/file/67261222...attlertar.html

  8. #1553
    JN4OldSchool is offline "Sean The Terrible" -- The forum(er) Vista® rep
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,819
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh123@linux
    I got them from the compiz-fusion forum but the links are no longer there.
    I have uploaded my copies .

    http://www.4shared.com/file/67262115...antulatar.html

    http://www.4shared.com/file/67261222...attlertar.html
    Ha! Thanks much. Cool plugin. I think I may need create a shipwreck for my aquarium.

    Oh well, just playing now. Has anyone seen my giant tarantula? He has escaped...

    http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4...pshot12pi0.png

  9. #1554
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14

    Thumbs up

    leigh123,

    Excellent tutorial on setting up Compiz-Fusion. I have an Nvidia card and all went well!

    Cheers...

  10. #1555
    leigh123linux Guest

    Arrow Planned Startup Time Improvements !

    The next F9 compiz build will include protobuf ( Protocol Buffers )

    .

    What Are Protocol Buffers?

    Protocol buffers are Google's language-neutral, platform-neutral, extensible mechanism for serializing structured data – think XML, but smaller, faster, and simpler. You define how you want your data to be structured once, then you can use special generated source code to easily write and read your structured data to and from a variety of data streams and using a variety of languages – Java, C++, or Python.
    This will mean faster startup times ( I have noticed the improvement on the new build , I hope to release it within the next week )

    Quote Originally Posted by http://planet.compiz-fusion.org/
    Startup Time Improvements (Part 1)

    One thing that bothered me about our settings managers (and Compiz) was that they take too long to start. A major reason for this was the XML metadata loading and parsing. Settings managers (ccsm, simple-ccsm, and simple-ccsm-kde) do the metadata parsing through libcompizconfig, whereas Compiz does some metadata parsing itself and some through libcompizconfig when used with CCP (CompizConfig plugin).

    Google recently opened up their data interchange format called Protocol Buffers, which has the potential to greatly speed up metadata loading for libcompizconfig and Compiz. So my plan was to load the metadata from binary Protocol Buffers files instead of from XML files in libcompizconfig and Compiz. The libcompizconfig part of that is now complete. The Compiz part will come in the future.

    Protocol Buffers metadata parsing works like this: On the first run of Compiz or one of the settings managers, metadata is read from .xml files as before, and then written to binary .pb cache files under (UPDATE) $XDG_CACHE_HOME/compizconfig/ if $XDG_CACHE_HOME is defined and ~/.cache/compizconfig/ otherwise. On subsequent runs, metadata will be read from the .pb cache files resulting in reduced program startup time. If the locale has changed or if new plugins are enabled, the necessary .pb files will be updated at program startup.

    Use of Protocol Buffers is enabled by default, but will be disabled automatically at compile time if the protobuf packages mentioned below are not installed. It can also be disabled explicitly at compile time with the –disable-protobuf configure option or at run time by setting the COMPIZ_NO_PROTOBUF environment variable to 1, yes, or true.

    Aside from using Protocol Buffers for metadata, there were other changes that improved program startup time, namely removal of global metadata used by libcompizconfig and loading of plugin icons in the background when ccsm starts.

    So the overall startup time improvements compared to Compiz Fusion 0.7.8 (at least on my system) are as follows:

    Simple-CCSM: starts about 4.5x as fast (78% less time)
    CCSM: starts about 2.4x as fast (58% less time)
    Compiz (when used with CCP): starts about 1.25x as fast (20% less time)

    When Protocol Buffers metadata parsing is implemented in Compiz as well, you will see more startup-time improvement for Compiz. Also, note that these results are for hot startup, that is, not for the first run after a reboot. Cold startup time improvements will vary.

    To get the full speedup while testing the changes, make sure you install the protobuf packages as explained below and install the latest git versions of libcompizconfig, compizconfig-python, ccsm, and compiz. NOTE: You may need to do “make distclean” before compiling libcompizconfig.

    If you run into any problems, please let us know by filing a bug report at http://bugs.opencompositing.org/.

  11. #1556
    leigh123linux Guest
    F9 repo updated with protobuf enabled compiz packages. ( see previous post for details )

    You may need to delete /home/*/.config/compiz

    Code:
    rm -rf /home/*/.config/compiz

  12. #1557
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    /dev/realm/{Abba,Carpenters,...stage}
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh123@linux
    F9 repo updated with protobuf enabled compiz packages. ( see previous post for details )

    You may need to delete /home/*/.config/compiz

    Code:
    rm -rf /home/*/.config/compiz
    Thanks Leigh. Works fine here. The first start was somewhat problematic because it compiz process was at a constant 90% rate and the system was somewhat unresponsive. I loged in via ssh, killed compiz and started it again. All went fine this time. I'll consider this a local issue. If it happens again I'll let you know.
    For safer browsing, use OpenDNS nameservers 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

    SELinux User Guide

    AutoPager

  13. #1558
    leigh123linux Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokia
    Thanks Leigh. Works fine here. The first start was somewhat problematic because it compiz process was at a constant 90% rate and the system was somewhat unresponsive. I loged in via ssh, killed compiz and started it again. All went fine this time. I'll consider this a local issue. If it happens again I'll let you know.

    Did you notice the quicker start up ?

  14. #1559
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    /dev/realm/{Abba,Carpenters,...stage}
    Posts
    3,285
    Well, yes. It started a bit faster, although at the time I started it the system was pretty busy doing some nasty things in a Vbox where I was tinkering with OpenSUSE 11 and there are also many apps open/running. Even now, under heavy load, if I activate the cube/sphere/aquarium there is a significant increase in speed. (Remember I run here on a 6150 Nvidia adapter integrated on the motherboard). I'll be able to experience the big change undisturbed by any other app on my next restart though.
    For safer browsing, use OpenDNS nameservers 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

    SELinux User Guide

    AutoPager

  15. #1560
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    296
    Just installed the updates. I'm not sure if there's a start-up improvement yet, but there were no initial issues after restarting Compiz from the Fusion icon.

    Now, if only I had the power connectors for that 7950 to replace my X800 :\

Page 104 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th July 2008, 04:00 PM
  2. preupgrade F8 official-> F9, update presto repo is wrong
    By marko in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st May 2008, 10:08 PM
  3. F9 compiz-0.7.5 packages added to the compiz-fusion repo
    By leigh123linux in forum Alpha - Beta (Fedora 9 Only)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th April 2008, 01:08 AM
  4. Official Fedora Core 4 Installation Guide
    By Ug in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 1st December 2005, 02:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •