Java and Flash for Firefox 64 @ Fedora 8 test 3
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Java and Flash for Firefox 64 @ Fedora 8 test 3

I have installed Fedora 8 test 3 and so far there are not many problems but I am worry about java and flash for firefox 64 bit. I read somewhere at this forum (I guess it wrote leigh123) that it is going to be open source version of flash an java . But as I can see now firefox is working without those components. Should I install some open source components to make java and flash working? Or I have to repeat the steps to install java and flash from Sun and Adobe site?
    AMD 64 4200 X2, Asus A8N32-SLI Delux, XFX 8800 Ultra, 3GB, Vista_32 & FC9 gnome

stevea Guest
    Install then when and if the defaults become troublesome.

The gjc java seems t work very well, and I seldom saw a problem even on the over gjc.
    gnash - the foss flash player had many problem in F7. I hope it's better now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    > Install then when and if the defaults become troublesome.

So far I can see that java test and flash test on sun and adobe sites are not passed by my firefox. That's why I think that I don't have them installed. Is that right? Or java and flash doesn't work on that sites but they are working at another cases?

stevea Guest
    Apologies for the delay.

Install the x86_64 of the package nspluginwrapper, and run "mozilla-plugin-config -i".
    It's unfortunate this isn't well documented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    > Install the x86_64 of the package nspluginwrapper, and run "mozilla-plugin-config -i".
    > It's unfortunate this isn't well documented.
    I have done that but don't see any difference java and flash are not working.
    Below is what command aboutlagtins shows. You can ee that nspluginwrapper was installed.

NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 0.9.91.5

Имя файла: npwrapper.so
    nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.
    This is beta software available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

Тип MIME Описание Суффиксы Включён
    unknown/mime-type Do not open none Да

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    > Below is what command aboutlagtins shows. You can ee that nspluginwrapper was installed.

Below is what command about: plagins shows. You can ee that nspluginwrapper was installed.

fasgaroth Guest

plugins opensource

For java open source -> yum install java-1.7.0-icedtea and java-1.7.0-icedtea-plugin.
    For flash open source -> yum install gnash and gnash-plugin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gnash-plugin works really bad for all the computers I've installed fedora 8 in. I can't seam to view any streaming video like in youtube. They are like loading indefinitely. Is there a way to fix this issue ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to install the official Adobe Flash plugin these instructions worked well for me:
    (as root)

• rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux

• mkdir -p /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

• yum install flash-plugin

• mozilla-plugin-config -i -g -v

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks I'll try this out