FedoraForum.org

FedoraForum.org (https://forums.fedoraforum.org/index.php)
-   Using Fedora (https://forums.fedoraforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Subversion Access/Apache/Fedora 9 (https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=191607)

harveybetty 12th June 2008 09:22 PM

Subversion Access/Apache/Fedora 9
 
When trying to commit files to Subversion using Windows Tortoise Client, the following
error appears:

Can't open file '/var/www/html/svn/IETM38784C/db/write-lock'; permission denied

Apache is the owner and group owner of the files. I also performed a "chmod -R 777"
on the files just to make sure it wasn't file permission error.

I had a disk crash so I got a new disk and upgraded from Fedora 6 to Fedora 9 so I
thinking is that there may be some security issues in Fedora 9 that I am not
aware of.

I had the repository password protected but took the protections off until I can
resolve this problem.

Thanks!

Betty

JohnVV 12th June 2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Subversion using Windows Tortoise Client
question how are you connecting to fedora 9 from a windows machine with samba or is 9 set up as a server and just using http /ftp

harveybetty 12th June 2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnVV
question how are you connecting to fedora 9 from a windows machine with samba or is 9 set up as a server and just using http /ftp

I have Subversion working with Apache. I can access the repository using httpd and
browse the repository.

On Windows machine I am using Tortoise. I am able to download what the files that
are already in the repository. I get the error when I I try to commit files from Windows to Subversion using Tortoise.

Thanks!

Betty

JohnVV 13th June 2008 01:09 AM

it may be an httpd.conf problem in Apache have you set the
< directory>

< /directory>
for the Subversion folder .i am a bit rusty in configuring Apache it has been about 2

harveybetty 13th June 2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnVV
it may be an httpd.conf problem in Apache have you set the
< directory>

< /directory>
for the Subversion folder .i am a bit rusty in configuring Apache it has been about 2

Yes, the directory is pointing to the right directory. I even changed "AllowOverrides" from
None to All.

Unfortunately I can't look at my last configuration file because the disk is DOA. Nasty thunderstorms took care of it. :(

Thanks!

Betty

JohnVV 13th June 2008 01:43 AM

i have not ran into this myself .A guess ,one of many, take a look at the SELinux Troubleshooter log and see if there is a listing
temporally disable SE and give commit a go
if it works then SE will need a policy added

harveybetty 13th June 2008 02:47 PM

Subversion Solved!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnVV
i have not ran into this myself .A guess ,one of many, take a look at the SELinux Troubleshooter log and see if there is a listing
temporally disable SE and give commit a go
if it works then SE will need a policy added

Thank you, thank you, thank you - I would have never ever looked there! I hadn't even
heard of SELinux. Now I know :)

Basically, I ran the following command and Subversion is working like a charm again!

echo "0" >/selinux/enforce

Thanks again - I would have been running in circles for a very long time!

Betty

JohnVV 13th June 2008 04:49 PM

on a server you will want se turned on
setenforce=1
you should be able to find out why se was blocking it from
Applications/System Tools/ SELinux Troubleshooter


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.