PDA

View Full Version : Irc trouble....

Da_Pipe
22nd February 2006, 01:22 AM
I installed FC4 recently and i'm having problems getting ANY irc client to connect. I tried x-chat, sirc, and even mirc using wine and they all are unable to connect most of the time. The funny part is that every now and then it'll connect for about 5 mins then just get dissconnected. I'll try to reconnect and it'll just sit there trying to connect. I have tried several diffrent servers with no change. I know i have my router and firewall configured correctly because when it does connect everything works fine. I know it's not my net connection because while irc is trying to connect i can still browse the net with no problems. Rebooting doesn't help either. Can anybody offer a suggestion please? This is really starting to get irritating.

Jman
22nd February 2006, 04:03 AM
Does the network you're connecting to listen on different ports? Freenode does in the 8000 range.

Da_Pipe
22nd February 2006, 04:10 PM
irc.rizon uses 6667 and 7000 and few more i know for sure and irc.highway uses 6667 and a few others. i use the same ports on fedora that i use on my windows machine, which is usually 6667, and the windows machine works fine. And i supposedly have the built in firewall configured so that irc can use 6667. Thanks for the suggestion.