PDA

View Full Version : Printers on Fedora

adileoxfxanis
23rd January 2006, 11:14 PM
Hello All,
I just got Fedora 4...and I'v done everything i need to know how to use it....the only problem is...i have a printer...and it doesnt work...neither does the cd...how do i add my printer?

paperdiesel
23rd January 2006, 11:47 PM
We're going to need a lot more info to help you out. What kind of printer is it? What manufacturer? What model number? Does it connect to the computer via USB or parallal cable?

The CD is probably a set of drivers and programs for use in Windows (and possibly Mac), and will be useless under linux. Let's figure out what kind of printer it is and go from there.

pd

mwette
23rd January 2006, 11:57 PM
FC4 has built-in support for a large number of printers.
If you are running GNOME try, [Desktop]->[System Settings]->[Printing]
from the panel. Or from the command-line (running X, as root)
# system-config-printer

adileoxfxanis
24th January 2006, 12:51 AM
We're going to need a lot more info to help you out. What kind of printer is it? What manufacturer? What model number? Does it connect to the computer via USB or parallal cable?

The CD is probably a set of drivers and programs for use in Windows (and possibly Mac), and will be useless under linux. Let's figure out what kind of printer it is and go from there.

pd

Lexmark, X6100 series.....that's all i know, lol, sry, im not much of a tech person....so i dont know a lot...abouit it....

adileoxfxanis
24th January 2006, 12:52 AM
Lexmark, X6100 series.....that's all i know, lol, sry, im not much of a tech person....so i dont know a lot...abouit it....

adileoxfxanis
24th January 2006, 12:52 AM
lol, can u explain that, in a way an idiot will understand....

jim
24th January 2006, 01:02 AM
I would say that you have a better chance at getting pigs to fly before the printer works
http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=Lexmark