PDA

View Full Version : amsn fc4

hugbees
17th December 2005, 02:58 AM
hi i'v installed amsn using the fc4 rpm, and i'v got a problem. when i start amsn in gnome it says; starting amsn for a a while, then when amsn should surface, nothing happends. it just wont start! any ideas?

linmix
17th December 2005, 03:19 PM
Try starting from a terminal. That should give you some more fedback on what happens.

Moogle
10th April 2006, 01:30 PM
I'm having the same problem, I just installed FC5 today and am setting up a few things before i get started. One of the programs i like to use is amsn BUT when i start it 'starting amsn' then about 10 seccond later it disapears and... nothing.

Any sugestion?

BandC
11th April 2006, 05:36 PM
This may fix your problem or not. I did a search in the forum and got this from someone's post.

If you have not already done so go to "System" > "Administration" > "Security Level and Firewall". Enter your root password and click "ok". On the "SELinux" tab click on "Modify SELinux Policy", click on "Compatibility" to open it and tick the check box next to "Allow the use of shared libraries with Text Relocation". Click "ok". Reboot your machine to implement the new SELinux policy.

Moogle
12th April 2006, 02:41 AM
Accually, there is a file that you are missing. I fixed this one myself. i believe the file is called tcl/tk and should have been installed standard in FC5 but wasent for some reason.

Anyway all you have to do is open a terminal and type the code

yum install tcl tk

thats all, fixed. hope i helped