PDA

View Full Version : PCMCIA and 2.6

gswoods
6th February 2004, 09:27 PM
I cannot get any of my PCMCIA devices to work with Fedora under the 2.6 kernel. I grabbed the 2.6.1-65 RPMs and installed them, and booted into this kernel. Most things work. Even my IRDA port (used for synching the Palm Pilot) worked right out of the box (and it was a real pain to originally get this working under 2.4). USB worked although there were failure messages (can't find modules "mousedev" and "keydev"; I'm sure those are things from the USB init script that you don't need in 2.6, because the USB mouse and keyboard *do* work).
I can even get the laptop to suspend (which I have never been able to do before; it's an ACPI laptop). I'm so close, except for one thing: I can't get PCMCIA to work. No matter what card I try to plug in (Zoom 56k modem, Orinoco 802.11b wireless), the PCMCIA system reacts as if it's a memory card. "cardctl ident" always says there is no product info available (although this works under 2.4). I have tried various combinations of module loading, but even loading the necessary modules before inserting the card makes no difference.

What's the trick to get PCMCIA to work under 2.6?