PDA

View Full Version : X keyboards settings different to GNOME

tux136
31st August 2005, 03:11 PM
Hi all,

I'm having trouble with my gnome/X keyboard settings. When I logged in last I got the message:

"X keyboards settings different to GNOME"

and the option to choose one of them as the default. I think i clicked gnome, but either way I am experiencing problems when I log in. It seems the keyboard settings when typing a password are different (wrong) to those when in a normal terminal (works fine, map is as it should be).

Anyone help me out please? I guess it's something to do with the xorg.conf file but don't know for certain.

dwflo
1st September 2005, 06:57 AM
Hi all,

I'm having trouble with my gnome/X keyboard settings. When I logged in last I got the message:

"X keyboards settings different to GNOME"

and the option to choose one of them as the default. I think i clicked gnome, but either way I am experiencing problems when I log in. It seems the keyboard settings when typing a password are different (wrong) to those when in a normal terminal (works fine, map is as it should be).

Anyone help me out please? I guess it's something to do with the xorg.conf file but don't know for certain.

I have been having the same probles. I just choose Gnome keyboard settings, but have not had any problems logging in. It is possible you may have chosen the wrong settings when installing.
What make is your video card? If it is an ATI, it is possible to correct this with #fglrxconf