PDA

View Full Version : xchm wont work

sergejg
31st August 2005, 07:01 AM
Hi, I tried to install xchm from the source and everything seemed to work fine, I even managed to installed wsGTK (im a newbie here at fedora 4 so it was difficult. hehehe)

but when I try to run xchm I get the following error:

xchm: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.6.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I read somewhere that I should edit /etc/ld.so.conf and try to add the path where gtk2 is (which seems to be in /usr/local/lib), but when I open id.so.conf I get this:

include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf

and I tryed simply adding underneath the /usr/local/lib path but after I save and re-start the computer xchm still wont work. Could somebody help me? Im trying to read chm because I have three fedora core 4 help books in that format but I can't open them. And by the way, was there an easier way to install all of these with rpm or yum and not from the source? (I still dont understand much rpm and yum)

sergejg
31st August 2005, 05:31 PM
should I re-instal wsGTK? or is there a way to fix the cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory error? thanks.

Saint Mike
20th September 2005, 11:02 AM
try installing this http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/2111849/com/wxGTK2-xrc-2.6.1-0.2.fc4.i386.rpm.html