PDA

View Full Version : Some silly questions

N3LDAN
24th August 2005, 05:52 AM
Okay, I've been using Fedora Core 3 for a few months now and love it. There are a few thigns what bother me though. I know how to make shortcut keys, but is there anyway to amek it so Super_L + E open up nautilus? Also, is there anyway I can "dock" gaim to the left, so that everything (minus the top and bottom panels) act as though that part of the screendoesnt exist (liek on windows AIM)? And one last question, should I upgrade from FC3 to FC4, or do a clean install?

Thanks,
Alden

SlowJet
24th August 2005, 07:21 AM
Hi N3LDAN,

In FC4 I can add a panel on the left, size it's with, add gaim icon to it for lanching.
The apps line up next to the panel when open and desktop icons shift to the right when the new panel is added.

Short-cut keys in FC4 are on a new menu section called Destop, Preferrences, Keyboard Shortcuts.
The Nautius can be open with a hot key combo for the HOME dir, but then navigated.
I could only use SUPER_L with another key, like <Ctrl><SUPER_L>e

A clean install with a yum update following would be best. Back up your data to CD, write down your settings in a text file to back up and / or print. Export your e-mail file, browser settinge (bookmarks), e-mail settings, and so on.
Once you have your data and information backed up, you could try an UpGrade from the FC4 CD's and if it doesn't go, install fresh. Update and recover your data.

SJ

N3LDAN
24th August 2005, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I think I'l go fresh, it only takes about 30 min to an hour to restore all my settings. And when I'm talking about the "dockign", I don't mean a panel, aI mean making gaim like a panel.