PDA

View Full Version : More windowmaker dockapps please

modman
23rd August 2005, 05:24 PM
you have absolutly NO dockapps in the yum repos. Windowmaker does not come with a clock and I had to go out onto the web to find a clock in a seperate rpm package. also, setting up the system so that a mixer dock app can be used would be nice too.

I would also like to ask that the default windowmaker application menu be set p so that all teh gnome apps are present in it. I did not like having to manualy go through my /usr/bin directory and find all teh apps that I wanted to use for admin tasks and such.

kosmosik
23rd August 2005, 05:50 PM
you have absolutly NO dockapps in the yum repos. Windowmaker does not come with a clock and I had to go out onto the web to find a clock in a seperate rpm package. also, setting up the system so that a mixer dock app can be used would be nice too.
you can always compile your own... :) just grab the sources and do it...

I would also like to ask that the default windowmaker application menu be set p so that all teh gnome apps are present in it. I did not like having to manualy go through my /usr/bin directory and find all teh apps that I wanted to use for admin tasks and such.
that is because WindowMaker is not compilant with FreeDesktop menu standards:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fmenu_2dspec
this standard is used all among Fedora to keep menus in sync - most modern desktops now use this as it benefits them, the menu is standardized so f.e. KDE or GNOME or XFCE or anything compatible with it can use the same menu entries. WindowMaker yet does not support this. WindowMaker menu is one text file that can be edited by hand or generated automagically - you can f.e. look for programs and add them to wmaker menu. but I suggest you take a look at this:

http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/

it will generate wmaker menu based on FreeDesktop entries - you can add this script to your X session startup (or issue it from cron periodicaly to keep menus in sync with what is installed in system) and you will have nice menu.

kosmosik
7th September 2005, 11:35 AM
ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/stable/rpms/RPMS/fc/3/i386/