PDA

View Full Version : Monitor/Vid Card Problem

donprogc
13th August 2005, 06:17 PM
I made a new computer and installed fedora core 3 on it. I have a problem with the monitor which gives an "out of scan range" error. I tried to configure the monitor settings and set as standard CRT but it still doesnt work. Usually after i open up a game close it and do something else it will give that error. If someone can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

Monitor: Gateway2000 Vivitron
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9200

rune
13th August 2005, 07:00 PM
this error means that the refresh rate you are using is not supported by your monitor. i'm not sure how to find out the supported refresh rates for your monitor, but its a good bet that you need to lower the refresh rate that is configured on your computer.

i think the easiest way to change your refresh rate is to use the gnome program: gnome-display-properties

donprogc
13th August 2005, 08:23 PM
my resolution was: 1024x768 and i changed the refresh rate from 75 hz to 70 hz (didnt work) then I tried 60hz which worked for a while then i opened up the same game (tux racer) i exit it open up konquer and it gives the same error message

donprogc
14th August 2005, 11:51 PM
My monitor keeps on giving that error unexpectedly and its making the use of my computer unpleasant, can someone help?

digit-x
18th August 2005, 10:56 AM
does anyone have a clue where to configure refresh rates via console/.conf files?
due to a non working gnome environment, setting up my refresh rate and/or resolution via guzi won`t work.

thx