PDA

View Full Version : problem with installining packages using Yum

iamroot
21st July 2005, 02:51 AM
I've been installing many packages using Yum but when I try to install an rpm that I've downloaded or try to use the Add/Remove Applications to install packages from the cd, I get an "Unlocatable Dependencies" install error. I checked and all the "unlocatable" packages are already installed. How can I solve this? I get this problem all the time with the mplayer codecs etc..

gavinw6662
21st July 2005, 03:09 AM
I've been installing many packages using Yum but when I try to install an rpm that I've downloaded or try to use the Add/Remove Applications to install packages from the cd, I get an "Unlocatable Dependencies" install error. I checked and all the "unlocatable" packages are already installed. How can I solve this? I get this problem all the time with the mplayer codecs etc..

easiest way is to use yum (follow the guid here (http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Core_4_Linux_Installation_Notes#Yum:) ) and that will automatically resolve your dependancies for you.

iamroot
21st July 2005, 11:50 AM
I AM already using Yum. It's just that I'm having problems with the packages installed using Yum.

cyberd
24th July 2005, 12:54 PM
Try unibstalling the depencies (using yumex is easy ) and then reinstall using yume or yum.