PDA

View Full Version : virus scanners for ppc

websavages
17th July 2005, 12:43 AM
Anyone know of any freeware virus scanners for linux ppc, other than clamav?

Cheers ws

Captn
17th July 2005, 01:03 AM
Anyone know of any freeware virus scanners for linux ppc, other than clamav?

Cheers ws

How many viruses are actually out there or written for linux? Not as many as there is for microsoft im sure. :rolleyes:

websavages
17th July 2005, 01:06 AM
i'm not worried about my linux box, i'm more concerned about the windows users who use my webmail. i currently have mailscanner using clamav as the virus scanner, but would like a second scanner

Cheers ws

Jeff Sadowski
28th July 2005, 01:28 AM
clamav ought to still work on a mac although Im not sure anyone has added any virus definitions specific to a RISC proccessor yet but if you find a virus or creat one and you can add the virus definition yourself. :-) And Clam will work good for the purpose you want it for from what I gather. Also clam should also compile nicely on the Mac OS if you want to try I'd like to know just for kicks and giggles.

Jeff Sadowski
28th July 2005, 01:30 AM
Only problem with clam is its not an active scanner you have to initiate the scan every so often and I don't think it can repair files just delete them clam is used in some email programs before saving the attachments.

websavages
28th July 2005, 07:25 AM
clam works a treat, it's just that i'd like a second to work in unison with clam. hence my questions

Cheers ws