PDA

View Full Version : SmartLink modem, FC4 on a toshiba satellite m35x-s114



scottie4442
3rd July 2005, 03:01 PM
I have everything running on my m35x-s114, except the modem. I downloaded the slmodem-2.9.9d drivers and tried to compile them, but I get the following results:

make: Entering directory `/home/scottie4442/drivers/slmodem-2.9.9d/modem'
rebuild profile...
gcc -Wall -g -O -I. -DCONFIG_DEBUG_MODEM -o modem_main.o -c modem_main.c
gcc -Wall -g -O -I. -DCONFIG_DEBUG_MODEM -o modem_cmdline.o -c modem_cmdline.c
gcc -Wall -g -O -I. -DCONFIG_DEBUG_MODEM -o modem.o -c modem.c
modem.c: In function ‘modem_reset’:
modem.c:1604: error: invalid storage class for function ‘sregs_init’
modem.c:1616: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘sregs_init’
modem.c: At top level:
modem.c:1630: error: static declaration of ‘sregs_init’ follows non-static declaration
modem.c:1616: error: previous implicit declaration of ‘sregs_init’ was here
make: *** [modem.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/scottie4442/drivers/slmodem-2.9.9d/modem'

Any ideas would be appreciated. I was wondeing if this might be a gcc problem or something along those lines, I have not programmed in a while but from the errors this seems plausable.

Thanks for any help,
Scott Adams

lincomet
4th July 2005, 01:25 AM
I met the same problem when I compile the driver yesterday.

scottie4442
4th July 2005, 06:49 PM
Try this.
I went into the modem.c file and commented out the two references to sregs_init, about line 1605 or so, they look like this:

static int sregs_init(unsigned char sregs[]);
sregs_init(m->sregs);

(to comment the lines out just put a double slash in front of the line, like this //)

Now run mkae and make install, mine worked fine.

Now when I try to run the initialization command for the modem, '/sin/modprobe slamr' and then '/usr/sbin/slmodemd --country=USA /dev/slamr0', I get the message:

error: mdm setup: cannot open dev `/dev/slamr0': No such device
error: cannot setup device `/dev/slamr0'


I then run 'dmesg | grep slamr' and get the following message:

slamr: SmartLink AMRMO modem.
slamr: device 8086:24c6 is grabbed by another driver


I tried to use the module ungrab_winmodem and it seems to work, at least it does not give any errors.

Any ideas anyone.

lincomet
6th July 2005, 01:29 AM
Hey guys, slmodem-2.9.9e works on my computer. Maybe you can try that.
go and download it.

scottie4442
8th July 2005, 09:19 PM
make sure that you have an ALSA usable modem to do this]
(use ScanModem from here (http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/) )

OK. I got the problem fixed and my modem works great. How I fixed it is:

1. download the slmodem-2.9.9e-pre1-alsa.tar.gz from here (http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/)

2. untar it

3. cd into the directory

4. make

5. make install

6. /sbin/modprobe [your modem module] : ie. mine is snd-intel8x0m so it would look like
/sbin/modprobe snd-intel8x0m

7. /usr/sbin/slmodem --alsa (must include the alsa)
**do not close the terminal after this is running***

8. open another terminal and run kppp from user account

9. setup kppp to use the ttySL0 modem location ( you can look up how to use kppp in the help)

10. when kppp is setup then click connect and should work.

Hope this helps. BTW, just for information sake this was done on a Toshiba Satellite m35x-s114.

Thanks for all the help.

Scott Adams