PDA

View Full Version : No Sound On Fc4 Please Help

pep411
26th June 2005, 02:12 PM
I installed FC4 yesterday and unfortunately facing hell lot of problems with the install.

The latest in the problems list is no sound.The good thing is my sound card is getting detected and when sample music is played i can hear it. But is not playing files of hardisk. Even on logins,system sound i can hear the beeps.

I tried to play cd and kscd did play the music. But when i try to play online radio thru amarok no sound.I did play around with alsamixer and kmix as recommended by other threads, still no good. Can anybody please suggest me a solution

tejas
26th June 2005, 03:49 PM
Well, there is a chance it is a mixer problem, because for some reason, it is set to zero by default.

Run one of
$ kmix
$ gnome-volume-manager
$ amixer help

pep411
26th June 2005, 03:54 PM
what do i need to do in the three u mentioned. I have played around with kmix no good. I have installed kde so will gnome-volume-manger be of any use. And what can i do with amixer.

tejas
26th June 2005, 04:27 PM
All three are the same - mixers

you just open any one and slide the volume levels up, especially for:
PCM
WAVE

(second page)
CD INPUT

pep411
26th June 2005, 04:29 PM
did that already. No good. is this problem something to do with missing kde componants.

pep411
26th June 2005, 05:17 PM
did that already. No good. is this problem something to do with missing kde componants.

As i had suspected, it was problem with amarok so could not play mp3. Now everything is going fine. Thanks to Tejas for his help in configuring YUM.