PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs WLAN help (with WPA)

mjbanks
25th June 2005, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to Linux. I've messed around a few times on my spare desktop computer and really liked it, so I figured I'd give FC4 a go on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I have it dual booting with WinXP Home with no problems at all.

I'm having some trouble getting my wireless lan set up. I have a Linksys WPC54GS card. I installed ndiswrapper and it works fine with the driver. I installed wpa-supplicant and am having trouble getting it to connect to my wireless network. I have a Linksys WRT54GS router, SSID not broadcast, WPA-PSK (TKIP) encryption. I set the SSID and PSK correctly in the wpa-supplicant config file, but just can't seem to get it to connect.

I would rather not switch to the weaker WEP encryption, and also do not want to broadcast my SSID. Is there any way I can get this setup working? I'd like to completely ditch Windows on my laptop, and this is the only thing holding me back.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Matt

kevin_af
26th June 2005, 05:04 AM
I'm not familiar with using WPA on linux but got curious and did some reading on another thread. Don't know if you've seen it or not but it may have some info that can help you.

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25891&highlight=wpa+supplicant

If not, hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction.