PDA

View Full Version : Sound Fusion CS46xxx Dolby Surround

ichiko
23rd June 2005, 10:12 AM
Hi guys,

i recently installed linux. I had everything up and running but the only problem is my soundcard. I have a 5.1 setup with a hercules gran fortissimo 7.1 soundcard. In Fedora he takes Sound Fusion CS46xxx as my soundcard. My problem is the following.

I only receive sound on two of the five speakers. I can't change it or have no idea how i can. Do i even have the correct drivers installed?

can someone help me pls i'm already searching for a whole time without finding anything descent

thanx for the help and info

greetz

Ichiko,

bitrain
23rd June 2005, 10:17 AM
Open kmix, go to the 3th tab and enable some switches and/or disable some others. Just try, it usssualy works :p

ichiko
23rd June 2005, 10:22 AM
kmix is it an add on program or is it the same as Volume Control ? because i already tried there to change some switches but it didn't worked out. Once i even got cut off my sound in general and couldn't fix it otherwise then unplugging my hardware and replugging it.

ichiko

bitrain
23rd June 2005, 10:33 AM
kmix is the volume control yes, press alt+F2 and type kmix to open it.
Sometimes you have to enable more then 1 switch and disable some others, I don't know why they can't set it up correctly at once.
Which core do you run? And which version of alse do you have, run rpm -q alsa
More info on your card and how it is detected, run /sbin/lspci

ichiko
23rd June 2005, 10:41 AM
HI Bitrain,

well it appears that i didn't installed salsa at the moment. I think i need to install it ... ???

here is the info from /sbin/lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AGP (different version?) (rev c1)
00:00.1 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 0 (rev c1)
00:00.2 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 4 (rev c1)
00:00.3 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 3 (rev c1)
00:00.4 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 2 (rev c1)
00:00.5 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 5 (rev c1)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 ISA Bridge (rev a4)
00:01.1 SMBus: nVidia Corporation nForce2 SMBus (MCP) (rev a2)
00:02.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev a4)
00:02.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev a4)
00:02.2 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev a4)
00:04.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Ethernet Controller (rev a1)
00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AC97 Audio Controler (MCP) (rev a1)
00:08.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 External PCI Bridge (rev a3)
00:09.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation nForce2 IDE (rev a2)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AGP (rev c1)
01:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AR [Radeon 9600]
02:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AR [Radeon 9600] (Secondary)

and the kmix isn't a command for my linux i guess he wouldn't do it. I have Fedora Core 3 btw

thanx for all the info already

greetz

Ichiko

bitrain
23rd June 2005, 11:01 AM
well it appears that i didn't installed salsa at the moment. I think i need to install it ... ???alsa, is it a typo or did you feed it the wrong name?

and the kmix isn't a command for my linux i guess he wouldn't do it. I have Fedora Core 3 btwYou mean you have the kde installed and no kmix :confused:

01:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)= soundcard (just to check how fc detected it)

ichiko
23rd June 2005, 11:09 AM
Quote:
well it appears that i didn't installed salsa at the moment. I think i need to install it ... ???

answer => [ichiko@localhost ~]$ rpm -q alsa
package alsa is not installed

You mean you have the kde installed and no kmix => I have only Gnome actually ... and no kmix no ... but i can go to volume control thats no problem ...

so basicly what do i need to do now ?

thanx

bitrain
23rd June 2005, 11:16 AM
You mean you have the kde installed and no kmix => I have only Gnome actually ... and no kmix no ... but i can go to volume control thats no problem ...
That explains, I was confused with another thread (too many threads here :cool: ). It seems that the gnome-volume-control doesn't have as many options as kmix. gnome-volume-manager doesn't want to open here (in kde).

ichiko
23rd June 2005, 11:23 AM
Do i need to install KDE instead of Gnome then ?

to make my soundcard work ? and when i change from Gnome to KDE do i need to reinstall everything or does he take the same resources then Gnome when it comes to applications like for instance Xine ...