PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good HTML Editing Application

analogkid
13th June 2005, 07:05 AM
I am a converted Windoze user. I am now 95% Linux. One of the last things keeping me from going 100% Linux is web development. I am used to the ease of (forgive me) M$ FrontPage :eek: or better yet, Macromedia Dreamweaver.

If you have a favorite HTML editor, please tell me (include the site where it can be downloaded or purchased)

December
13th June 2005, 08:00 AM
There are 3 good ones:

Quanta Plus (The one I use)
Nvu
Bluefish

All of these are free on linux.. just use Yahoo to find the websites, or install using Yum.

PeTzZz
13th June 2005, 08:39 AM
Screem (http://www.screem.org/) is also a good one, getting better all the time.

BandC
13th June 2005, 05:06 PM
My preference is Quanta+ (especially if you also do PHP). I used to use Bluefish which is also pretty good.

bytesniper
13th June 2005, 05:14 PM
this also might be of some use for you looking for linux replacements for windows apps:

http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/table.shtml

sailor
13th June 2005, 05:48 PM
I like Nvu the best...Quanta is also nice

DJ Shaji
14th June 2005, 07:41 PM
And we have a winner :
__________________________________________________ _

Quanta +

__________________________________________________ _

The ultimate toll for web development on KDE - It's absolutely full of features, and extremely easy to use. And like most of the best things in life - it doesn't cost a penny !

Papoon
15th June 2005, 06:58 AM
Anybody else who's been following this thread and decided to try to download/install Quanta should know that you're actually looking for an app called kdewebdev. A lot of time wasted with rpm and headscratching lead me in the end to this conclusion.

barjunk
15th June 2005, 08:08 AM
Nvu doesn't install with yum install nvu....does this have a different package name too?

james_in_denver
15th June 2005, 08:11 AM
For static or PHP driven webpages quanta......

For JSP/Tomcat web-pages I recommend the Eclipse IDE with the Tomcat and HTML editing plugins...